Seafood Sauce

Author
cokegirl
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2006/10/18 12:44:08 (permalink)

Seafood Sauce

Don't know if anyone ever had the pleasure to dine at a seafood restaurant in Rocky Mount, North Carolina called The Atlantis, but if was one fantastic place to eat. They opened in the late 1960s and served fresh seafood brought in daily from Morehead City, NC. They had a raw bar that was "U" shaped and you could order steamed shrimp, steamed oysters, oysters on the half shell and I believe steamed clams. They had the nicest guys who were stand behind the bar and peel your shrimp and/or shuck your oysters. They also had a fabulous menu of fried and broiled seafood, out-of-this-world clam chowder, and the best hushpuppies on the face of the earth. Unfortunately, they closed their doors last year. In addition to everything thing else, they served, the cocktail (or hot sauce I believe they called it) that they served with the steamed shrimp was the best I have ever had. It was served warm along with melted butter. It was a known fact that the receipe for the sauce was a secret and the guy who made it, came in once a week and worked behind a locked door.

I was just wondering if anyone else out there ever dined there and if anyone had any clue as to what was in that fabulous seafood sauce.

Thanks!

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1