another trip to NYC (more pics!)

Author
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
2006/10/23 23:31:18 (permalink)

another trip to NYC (more pics!)

hi again,
I squeezed in a short afternoon trip to NYC today.
I was already in the Freehold area, at my sisters house, only an hour bus ride from NYC. So I went for it!

Here goes:

first stop was Ben and Jacks Steak House.
W. 44th st, between 2nd and 3rd ave.

It is an "offshoot" of Peter Lugers, started by 2 longtime former waiters from Peter Lugers. (and those of you that read my last NYC post, know that I could not get into the "real" Peter Lugers last week)

my "small sirloin" steak from Ben and Jacks

it was $24.95, and lived up to it's name, as it WAS small. It may look big enough in the pic, but it was only about 1/2 inch thick, so it went too easy.
But it was tasty, not quite buttery soft, but very good, none-the-less.

it was a special price from the lunch menu. I really wanted to get the big porterhouse steak, but they did not have a porterhouse for one. Just for two, and I did'nt feel like shelling out the $75.00

this is the same Peter Luger style, where the meat is sliced, then put back on the bone.

Next time , I will try Wolfgangs Steak House (park ave and 33rd),another place started by a Peter Luger waiter.
We'll do a comparison test

next stop, Goodburger.
2nd ave at 43rd
my Goodburger burger

and this pic really shows off the good and juicy "char".
I just turned the burger upside down to show off the char.
order at the counter, and they will call your # when it is ready.
burger is in the $5.00 range.

my current choice for NYC's best burger. I enjoyed it much more than last weeks Burger Joint. (it had that beefy flavor I was looking for)

800 2nd Ave.
I took a pic (from outside) of an article that was taped on Goodburger glass wall. Here's what came out of it, no extra charge for the reflection!

it has apparently won some "best burger joint" awards already.
I'll 2nd that

I got caught up in a bomb scare as I was trying to leave NYC.
They had the Port Authority bus terminal closed for a few hours.
There were dozens of NYPD officers standing outside on the street, blocking access.
We had to take a "hike" over to 10th ave and 37th st, and try to flag down our bus right from the street, and deal with the pushing and shoving to get a seat. I was just grateful that buses were still leaving NYC!

I only spent 4 total hours in NYC this time, (including the last 45 minutes of it chasing after potential buses) but well worth it.

20 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1