The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Mae Ploy curry pastes

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
Mae Ploy curry pastes Wed, 10/25/06 11:05 PM (permalink)
I've been enjoying Thai food regularly for 25 years in San Francisco, but since I started spending winters in southern Arizona, I've been in the position some other Roadfooders may be in of not having convenient access to a good Thai restaurant. For several years now I've tried to deal with that by shopping in San Francisco for Thai groceries that make the preparation of common favorites like curries possible at home. Finally, I've found a canned curry paste that, when used according the directions on the can and without other ingredients I can't get here, produces something quite close to the curry from my favorite Thai places in SF. It's the Mae Ploy line of curry pastes. Tonight I whipped up some chicken "masman" (variously spelled "mussamun", "massaman" etc) curry just according to the label on the can and it was excellent. And the best news is that this Mae Ploy line seems readily available by mail order on the internet including from an Amazon marketplace seller.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com