The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Tudor's Biscuit World

steveindurham

• Total Posts: 138
Tudor's Biscuit World Thu, 10/26/06 9:24 AM (permalink)
This is a great place in WV. One day I had a BLT biscuit (it's huge) and an apple bisuit on another day (cooked apples between a biscuit). I highly recommend this place.

buffetbuster

RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Thu, 10/26/06 9:51 AM (permalink)
    Based on your post in another thread, I assume you are writing about Fayetteville, WV. I have driven past this place many times before, but have never thought to stop. Is Tudor's Biscuit World a chain?

Jim in NC

• Total Posts: 186
      RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Thu, 10/26/06 10:23 AM (permalink)
      Tudor's is indeed a West Virginia chain. I don't recall ever seeing any outside The Mountain State. I can't comment on anything other than the sausage-egg biscuit but it's pretty good.

Jim in NC

• Total Posts: 186
        RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Thu, 10/26/06 1:39 PM (permalink)
        Seems there is a franchisee in Roanoke, VA.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
          RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Fri, 10/27/06 6:47 PM (permalink)

corabeth

• Total Posts: 157
            RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Sun, 10/29/06 10:34 AM (permalink)
            I am also a big Tudor fan. My favorite biscuit is country ham, with fried egg. They will fry your egg just like you want it( I like mine over easy with a runny yolk). Really yummy, but messy.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
              RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Sun, 10/29/06 10:39 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by corabeth

I am also a big Tudor fan. My favorite biscuit is country ham, with fried egg. They will fry your egg just like you want it( I like mine over easy with a runny yolk). Really yummy, but messy.

Me too. Yum-YUM !

startrooper00

• Total Posts: 110
                RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Wed, 11/1/06 11:14 PM (permalink)
                Yummy...Yummy....Always a stop when I visit West Virginia!!!

Robearjr

• Total Posts: 1102
                  RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Tue, 07/17/07 8:59 PM (permalink)
                  There are Biscuit Worlds in Kentucky as well.

Most of ones I've seen are off I 64, but there is one on I 79 around Clarksburg.

Try the Mountaineer. It is county ham, egg, cheese and a hashbrown on a biscuit.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
                    RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Tue, 07/17/07 9:01 PM (permalink)
                    I've been meaning to stop at one for years, but each time I've driven through I was rushed or something.

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                      RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Tue, 01/20/09 12:41 AM (permalink)
                      Generally, twice a year I drive down to North Carolina to visit relatives, and frequently I'll spend the night enroute in Huntington West Virginia. An overnight stay there ALWAYS means breakfast at Tudor's Biscuit World. The food there isn't memorable, but it's good and hearty; always a dependable stop. They're only open for breakfast and lunch; I think that they all close at 2:00PM ( the similar Biscuitville chain in NC keeps the same kind of hours. ) I always get the Super Breakfast - 2 eggs, choice of meat ( sausage for me ), fried apples, home fries, biscuit and gravy. A great way to start the day in the Appalachians. Their lunch menu, mostly sandwiches, features a regional "delicacy" called The Hungry Man's Lunch - pinto beans n' cornbread, fried potatoes and raw onion. You can't get much more West Virginia than that! If I remember correctly, they have about 50 locations.
                      <message edited by nocarolina on Sat, 10/10/09 12:43 PM>

MiamiDon

RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Wed, 01/21/09 5:30 AM (permalink)

Can I trade you a couple of bagel shops for a Biscuit World?

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                          RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Fri, 01/23/09 10:31 AM (permalink)
                          MiamiDon, thanks for the offer, but, frankly, I've never cared for bagels. I'm a donut man myself ( Krispy Kreme forever! ) If you ever find yourself in the Mountain State, be sure to try breakfast at Tudor's; they've never disappointed me ( and I'm a REALLY picky eater; my eating habits always drove my poor parents crazy! ) 

RKB

• Total Posts: 168
                            RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Tue, 09/1/09 9:31 PM (permalink)
                            I've been to Tudor's in Huntington WV and the newest location here in my home town, and I can't see what everyone is raving about. The biscuits leave a lot to be desired - like texture, and taste. Crunchy overcooked exterior and gummy, greasy interior doesn't make a good biscuit IMHO. The gravy might be ok on meatloaf but it doesn't resemble 'breakfast gravy' and to me it is bland and virtually tasteless. Their sausage and eggs are good. I haven't tried anything else there, and do not plan to. Just another overpriced over-rated under-performing fast-food joint. No thanks.
                            YMMV
                            <message edited by Roadkill Bill on Tue, 09/1/09 9:33 PM>

jimcfs1

• Total Posts: 71
                              RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Wed, 09/2/09 9:41 AM (permalink)
                              FWIW, I'm a professor in a small college town here in southern WV with about 60% commuter students.  We had a shared Tudor's/Gino's Pizza... and it's the only restaurant in this one stop light town.  The Tudor's part closed about 5 years ago.  If Tudor's can't make it in a college town like Athens, that should give you an idea. 

IMHO, Hardee's is so much better.  I just haven't found any biscuits any better anywhere.

rokelemaster

• Total Posts: 9
                                RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Wed, 09/2/09 12:50 PM (permalink)
                                I've lived in WV all my life. I find Tudor's to be in-consistant. You can get a great biscuit or you can get a HOCKEY PUCK!

The Tudor's in Beaver is the best. It has GREAT lunches.

I was in NC last weekend and enjoyed breakfast at Biscuitville. With a promise of fresh biscuits every 20 minutes, I am very happy with having no surprises when I unwrap a biscuit. 

There is a new Tudor's in Lewisburg, but it isn't listed on their web-site. You may not agree, but I judge a place by their web-site. If you promote your place, you should be keeping it accurate. If you slack off on your website, where else are you cutting corners?!?!?

tkitna

• Total Posts: 620
                                  RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Tue, 09/15/09 3:32 AM (permalink)
                                  Ones opening up in Weirton WV where the Rax used to be. After reading this thread, I suppose i'll have to give them a try.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
                                    RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Tue, 09/15/09 12:27 PM (permalink)
                                    tkitna

Ones opening up in Weirton WV where the Rax used to be. After reading this thread, I suppose i'll have to give them a try.

Weirton? That means they're getting closer to me.

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
                                      RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Tue, 09/15/09 12:55 PM (permalink)
                                      I went to the one in Xenia Ohio a couple weeks ago. It was a Sunday Morning. It was very busy so the Biscuits were very fresh and hot. I thought the concept and product was very good. I do agree with the other poster about the gravy. I would not order it again. I know that a biscuit must be served almost immediatly. If it is wrapped up it turns to mush. If is is left out for any ammount of time it gets harder by the second. Biscuits must be eaten fresh and hot...Russ

RKB

• Total Posts: 168
                                        RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Mon, 09/21/09 7:27 PM (permalink)
                                        Maybe that's the secret, going when they are busy. I may have to give them one more chance to produce a good biscuit. Could be that I am just too picky, but I agree with Russ, a biscuit must be hot and fresh.
                                        Bill

tkitna

• Total Posts: 620
                                          RE: Tudor's Biscuit World Thu, 10/8/09 5:35 AM (permalink)
                                          I tried the new location in Weirton yesterday. Underwhelmed is the word i'm looking for. I ordered a sausage and cheese biscuit along with a fried apple biscuit. The biscuits were hard on the bottom and I didnt care for the sausage patty all that much (kind of mealy). The fried apple biscuit was an interesting concept, but again, the biscuit killed it. The place is brand new though and theres probably some growing pains. I'll probably give it another shot later down the road.

Something to mention though, one would have thought that they were giving away gold bars with the size of the lines and how packed the dining room was. I guess it doesnt take much to excite the locals around my area.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                            • No New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                            • Read Message
                                            • Post New Thread
                                            • Reply to message
                                            • Post New Poll
                                            • Submit Vote
                                            • Post reward post
                                            • Delete my own posts
                                            • Delete my own threads
                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com