Stange soup / stew inventions, share yours.

Author
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
2006/10/29 11:23:50 (permalink)

Stange soup / stew inventions, share yours.

Unalaskawoman shared a neat "stupid soup" invention in another thread. Neat story, neat recipe!

If you have stumbled upon a good soup / stew invention please share it, and the story behind it, with your fellow roadfooders.

Here is my newest weird invention. The family converges at my house each year for a big neighborhood halloween party. I had nothing cooked. What to do? Maybe a big pot of spagetti? Nop, no spaghetti in the cubbord. I had a big bag of pasta shells, hmm? Lots of kids coming, what will they eat? I had a can of Manwich and plenty of jar pasta sauce so here is what I ended up doing. Got my BIG pot out, chopped some onion and bell pepper, thawed 3lbs of burger, seasoned w/ salt, pepper, garlic, and cooked w/ the vegies. Next I added the can of Manwich, a jar of Ragu Tradetional. I cooked the shells but wanted to get the brew right before I added them. hmm, kinda bland but not bad. Ahhh, Rotel! Our kids don't mind kinda spicy so I added the Rotel and let it simmer. Now the brew was sweet from the Manwich and spicy from the Rotel. Now I added the shells till it looked right and wala, the kids and adults both liked it. Well, they said they did anyway. Hey, I liked it. Some of the adults added pickled jalapenos to their bowl, as did I. The kids named this "sweet and spicy stew".
Joe

33 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1