Dannon Frozen Yogurt - Anyone Remember?

Author
AngelaNJ
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
2006/11/05 18:02:49 (permalink)

Dannon Frozen Yogurt - Anyone Remember?

Hi All...This is my first post, though I have been reading the forum for the past two weeks and really enjoying. I have to say, everyone is really nice to one another and the sarcasm that goes on in other forums I have seen seems to be absent here.

On to my question...When I was a young girl growing up in Bayside, NY (Queens), my mom used to take me to shop at the Alexander's Department store in Rego Park, NY (circa late 70's / early 80's). They had the most wonderful little coffee shop within the store and we'd always stop at the lunch counter for a "new fad item--frozen yogurt" It was by Dannon and came out of a soft serve machine. The only flavor was called plain and you could get it in a glass goblet as is or topped with fresh fruit and coconut (melon, strawberries, white flake coconut).

Anyway, it was the early version of frozen yogurt as we know it today and it was so yummy because it actually had the tang of real yogurt (which I know not everyone likes). In the mid 80's, I'd say they tried too hard to make fro-yo taste like ice cream, that this variety disappeared.

Did anyone else used to enjoy this treat and wish it were still available? There are times I crave it and wish frozen yogurt still tasted like yogurt.

15 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1