Quiche...does anyone still eat Quiche?

Tommy B
  • Total Posts : 144
2003/07/14 09:03:02 (permalink)

Quiche...does anyone still eat Quiche?

Back in my professional chef days, I used to make a really good eating Quiche, if I can say so myself. I never see or hear of Quiche being on anybody's menu. Is Quiche still out there?

I would take a 9inch pie crust, and par-bake it (about 75% done). Then I would layer the bottom of the pie crust with a generous slathering of carmelized onions. Then I would build my layers of main ingredients, such as Ham & Asparagus, Shrimp & Crab, you name it you got it. Then, I would shred swiss & gruyere cheese, and pile it high over the main ingredients. To finish, I would whisk together whole eggs, heavy cream, a drop or two each of tabasco and worchestershire sauce, white pepper, salt. I would then pour the "batter" into the pie shell, allowing it to curve it's way through the cheese, and the main ingredients. I would garnish the top of the Quiche with fresh chopped parsley. Then I would put the pie crust on a sheet pan (or cookie sheet), and bake it "slow & low", about 275 until done.

After baking, they would cool and rest, perhaps putting them in the fridge. Then when a customer ordered Quiche, I would slice 1/6 of a pie, put it on a "sizzler plate", and put the slice in a convection oven 350, until that baby would rise and get golden brown. Then, I would lace a plate with an ounce or two of bechamel,
and place the Quiche on top, garnish with flowering kale and fresh berries.

So, does anyone still eat Quiche?

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2015 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1