Dim Sum

Author
Jennifer_4
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1510
2003/03/07 18:00:05 (permalink)

Dim Sum

Fresno has a single dim sum place that I know of. Imperial Garden on N. Blackstone. Come Saturday or Sunday mornings for an inexpensive but filling Chinese tea lunch. Small plates of various delicacies are brought around on wheeled carts and you make your selection by pointing or asking (not all the waitresses speak English, but are very eager to be helpful. Imperial Garden has been adding more and more variety lately so you can choose from around 30 different items (if not more). You are given a small card with 4 price ranges (usually 2.20 to 4.00) per plate. Whatever plates (or steam containters) you choose are ticked off on your card. My daughter and I absolutely stuff ourselves for less than 15.00 dollars.
Our favorites include: braised chicken feet in blackbean and jalapeno sauce, something we call "little footballs", which are football shaped deep fried casings made of rice, filled with ground spiced meat, baked bbq buns, chinese pigs in blankets made with pastry wrapped around dried chinese sausage, curried beef turnovers, deep fried stuffed crab claws, and egg custard tarts. As I said this is just the beginning..there are dozens more to choose from, with most items at 2.20 for a plate with 3 items on it. They also have the best Chinese Chicken salad in town, with crispy fried chicken, crisp salad greens and a lemony dressing.

27 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1