Pumpkin Gooey cake

Author
tarragon
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 354
2006/11/25 20:47:16 (permalink)

Pumpkin Gooey cake

We've got a new favorite at Thanksgiving now - Paula Deen's take on the gooey cake, the Pumpkin Gooey Cake. This is a very delicious but also extremely rich recipe--and easy to make, believe it or not.

Cake:

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted

Filling:

1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 15oz. can of pumpkin
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter, melted
1 16oz. box powdered sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Combine cake mix, egg and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. NOTE: this batter will be -very- stiff; I'd add about 1/4 cup of milk to make it easier to mix (I burned out my hand mixer trying to make this the other day!). Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13X9 in. baking pan.

For the filling, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Then add the eggs, vanilla and butter, beating together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40-50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.

Serve with fresh whipped cream.

Please note, this recipe is from foodnetwork.com and is exactly what is on the web site, except for my not about the cake batter part.

You can substitute crushed, drained pineapple or several soft bananas for the pumpkin, or you can make a peanut butter gooey cake by using a chocolate cake mix and substituting 1 cup of creamy peanut butter for the pumpkin - that will be my next try on this recipe.

1 Reply Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1