The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Two Girls Pizza (Sahuarita, AZ)

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
Two Girls Pizza (Sahuarita, AZ) Sun, 12/3/06 3:51 AM (permalink)
Consider this a scream of frustration as much as anything. Since I've been coming to the small town of Green Valley, Arizona, there has been no decent pizza here. Oh, sure, there's a Domino's and a Pizza Hut and I tried both (which, believe it or not, I can't recall ever doing before). Frankly, their products were awful. The Pizza Hut regularly offers a 2 for 1 special and so one time I got two pizzas. After eating part of one, I threw the other out. The pie from Domino's was utterly tasteless.

So, just a couple of weeks ago, an independent pizzeria finally opened--which the owner named "Two Girls" after his daughters. They have a brick pizza oven and the management is from the east coast. I tried their pizza yesterday--I thought I had died and gone to Heaven (or at least Newark). The crust was thin and slightly charred but still sweet with good olive oil. The cheese, not too much of it, was tasty and the sauce had an intense cooked tomato flavor with just the right hint of Italian herbs. It was as good as anything I've found in San Francisco and maybe better than anything I've had since crossing the Appalachians.

I desperately want them to thrive--and stay open. They are in an out of the way place--a place, frankly, I didn't even know was there (next to the dog pound). When I was there, admittedly an hour between lunch and dinner, there was only one other customer. I'm afraid my Arizona neighbors think Domino's make good pizza and will stick with that. Once there was a neat little place in town that sold good homemade meatball subs and hot dogs a la Chicago (Vienna Beef--with flourescent green relish and pepper giardinaria if you wanted it) but Subway opened next door and put them out of business (even though I had one of their dogs several times a week right up until the end).

I don't know enough pizza lovers around here I can tell about the place to substantially affect their business. So I'm telling you all. I realize very few of you will ever eat there. But it's all I can do--well, that and scream.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com