Bubble Gum Flavored Ice Cream

Author
John In Seattle
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 55
2006/12/03 13:44:22 (permalink)

Bubble Gum Flavored Ice Cream

OK, I know what I’m about to offer will be met by some who may think this sounds terrible, but here goes:

When I was a kid in the seventies, we had an ice cream shop in our neighborhood that had as a flavor, Bubble gum ice cream. The flavor was the same as the flavor of Bazooka Joe bubble gum. And it was pink, like the color of the gum. It was GREAT!! If this sounds bad to you, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

This is not to be confused with the flavor or type of ice cream offered by Baskin and Robbins that has the bit of real gum in it - this was a smooth and creamy ice cream.

I have not seen it in years. Since then, I have looked for that flavor far and wide, east coast and west.

I make my own ice cream when I feel the need, so my question is; does anyone know what extract blend of flavors constitute the flavor of Bazooka Joe gum? Obviously fruity, with a bit of perhaps cantaloupe? I would love to make some. Until then, I will still indulge in the occasional chew of Bazooka Joe gum – I still love it that flavor!

5 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1