The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

"Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards?

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4715
"Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards? Tue, 12/19/06 11:52 AM (permalink)

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
    RE: "Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards? Tue, 12/19/06 1:25 PM (permalink)
    We'll be in KC over the Holidays. Never been to Danny Edwards (I'm assuming he's related to Jake Edwards, another local 'Que icon), this may be our last chance. I'll let you know if we make it there while we're in town.

Buddy

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
      • Roadfood Insider
      RE: "Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards? Tue, 12/19/06 2:13 PM (permalink)
      It is a sad state of affairs when the "state" gets to decide what is in the best interest of the public. He has been in business over 26 years, that tells me he is doing something right.
      All because the city can get and give more money away with new construction, that the little guy gets squeezed out.

zataar

• Total Posts: 1440
        RE: "Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards? Tue, 12/19/06 2:18 PM (permalink)
        I didn't think Danny Edwards was related to Jake Edwards, but who knows? Maybe he is! Danny Edwards' place used to be calle Lil' Jake's Eat It and Beat It. It was very good, but I haven't been there in years. It is standing in the shadows of the very ugly Sprint Arena. It will be so wrong if Danny Edwards has to leave his space. I do know that several large chain restaurants want to open close to the arena and will more than likely be allowed to push out anyone in their way.

ScreamingChicken

RE: "Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards? Wed, 06/13/07 11:14 AM (permalink)
          Here's a followup. Sounds like Mr. Edwards is going to land on his feet...
          http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/13492283/detail.html

Brad

zataar

RE: "Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards? Wed, 06/13/07 6:01 PM (permalink)
            Yes, the altruistic company who forced him out was kind enough to find him one of their other buildings to buy.

ScreamingChicken

RE: "Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards? Tue, 10/23/07 1:42 PM (permalink)
              According to[url='http://www.sanluisobispo.com/food/story/134080.html']this article[/url] Danny Edwards is Jake Edwards' son, and [url='http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2007/10/danny_edwards_is_back.php']here's a blog[/url] describing his new restaurant at 2900 Southwest Blvd.

Brad

zataar

RE: "Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards? Tue, 10/23/07 9:46 PM (permalink)
                So Danny Edward's is Jake Edwards son! You wouldn't know it, the BBQ is nothing like Jake Edwards. Not to say it isn't good, it just isn't similar.

He has indeed moved to the west side of the city and is doing very well.

As for the restaurants around the Sprint Center...they are 90% chains and more moving in.
                Giant plasma TV screens galore! Can't people eat without TV screens all around them?

Jim in NC

• Total Posts: 186
                  RE: "Eminent domain" to force out KC's Danny Edwards? Wed, 10/24/07 8:26 PM (permalink)
                  Too bad he's gone to gas cooking. Another great goes to the dark side... Guess I'll still have to stop by for another bottle of sauce next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com