The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cheater Ice Cream Containers (1.75 quarts)

Bootstrap

• Total Posts: 28
Cheater Ice Cream Containers (1.75 quarts) Sat, 12/23/06 12:52 PM (permalink)
You know that movie when the guy tells you to go to the window and shout "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"? (Network, by the way)...

Breyers (with a B) in my opinion is the best commercial ice cream available known for it's quality ingredients... has gone to the CHEATER container (the square containers that, when they came out, advertised themselves as "same size as half gallon" but have since delivered 1.75 quarts). I saw it coming when the cheaper brands started going that direction. I had hoped Breyers would have more class than to follow others down the cheat the consumer road... but...

Maybe it's just me, but I think the 1/2 gallon size should be sacred-- just as if it were milk (e.g., pint, quart, 1/2 gallon, gallon). I am getting tired of the shorted containers hitting the market (as manufacturer trail balloons-- can we get away with this?).

Most of the blame has to go back on the consumers who just shrug their shoulders. I have asked other customers as they load the cheater containers into their carts if they noticed the size and am amazed many haven't. Those that have-- so far-- big surprise, no one likes being shorter but no one was complained.

For those that love ice cream (I do)-- I implore you: Write a letter! Email! Complain! I suggest Breyers in particular because if you read their web page, you can feel the reluctance and can smell the guilt. Write Breyers. I suggest you open with "I almost bought your ice cream today..."

{I edited this message, I refered to the cheater container as a "pintless" when it is a cup less, not a pint. }

Bil Burton, aka Bootstrap <-- so Unilever can find me

I also added the URL to their comment line (intrusive as it is).
http://www.icecreamusa.com/contact_us/question.cfm

I suggest pen & ink is the way to go, I will try to find the "most responsive" contact person and add it.

I have also filed a complaint with Consumer Protection in my state. (No, I got nothing else better to do). I know they will say as long as it is correctly labeled (size) but I am taking it down a "deceptive advertising" route, since when the cheater container first came out, it was labeled as "same size as your old half gallon container".

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com