Tasty Thai Curry

Author
desertdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1946
2007/01/16 21:34:04 (permalink)

Tasty Thai Curry

THAI HUT

I had the luck of coming across this place today for lunch. Just around the corner from a friend's office, it had a sign saying "Grand Opening" and, since I love Thai food, we thought We'd give it a try.

They had a lunch special for $6.95, which was your choice from any number of dishes, I got the Panang Curry with Chicken and my friend got the Spicy Noodles with Chicken.

Both were served with a nice light soup (forgot to ask what it was called but had a touch of spiciness to it) and a small spring roll as an appetizer.

This came out quickly after we ordered, and just after we finished that, the main meal came out. The service was excellent, our server was, I think, an owner, her name was Bee, a wonderfully kind older woman who taught us that Thai for thank you is "khorb khun."

My curry was served in a separate dish with the main plate holding a generous amount of fragrant rice. The panang curry was paired with coconut milk, green beans and bell pepper with basil.

The flavor of the curry was excellent, it could have been a bit spicier, but then, I like it hot. I'll ask for it kicked up a notch next time.

My friend, as I said, ordered the Spicy Noodles, otherwise known as Drunken Noodles, hot and spicy stir fried noodles with garlic, chili, onions, bell peppers, broccoli and basil.

Although tasty, I preferred mine, which is unusual as I am always food jealous, preferring others food to my own.

Overall I really liked this place, and the great thing is it's at a spot where I am at least once a week. This could be a regular thing if it continues to impress. I should add that it was very clean and everything tasted fresh and flavorful.

Corner of Alma School and Baseline, south of the US 60, next to the Denny's. Open every day for lunch and dinner except Sundays-dinner only.

THAI HUT
1245 W Baseline Rd # 101
Mesa, AZ 85202
(480) 413-9956

If you are in this area for breakfast, T.C. Eggington's is a winner, and if you are in need of a burger, The Islands makes an above average burger personal fav, the hawaiian)

16 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1