The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Mini Pizza's at airports

Sundancer7

Mini Pizza's at airports Fri, 01/19/07 8:57 PM (permalink)
Most of the airports that I fly out of now feature pizza's that are small and ready to go. Pizza Hut and Poppa John are the most frequent that I see.

Pizza Hut seems to have the tastiest and Poppa John has the one that taste more like dough.

Pizza Hut has the small round one and Poppa John has the one that is cut in squares.

Just my opinion.

When you are flying, sometimes the least favortie works.????

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

marzsit

• Total Posts: 343
    RE: Mini Pizza's at airports Sat, 02/10/07 2:24 PM (permalink)
    i see lots of these being carried aboard now, probably due to the increasing nastiness of the food served on airline flights or meals being phased out altogether.. subway sandwiches also seem to be popular.

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
      RE: Mini Pizza's at airports Sat, 02/10/07 3:35 PM (permalink)
      The Minneapolis/St. Paul airport has a fairly extensive selection of restaurants that are all accessible once you are inside security. I noticed this week they have a California Pizza Kitchen. Since MSP is my home airport I rarely eat at any of them other than getting a muffin and coffee at Caribou Coffee or Starbucks early in the morning before heading out. I would venture to guess if you ever got stuck and delayed in an airport MSP would be one of the best to do so. Houston is another I would like for that eventuality. Kansas City and Dallas confine you to individual terminals without much selection or interest.

wheregreggeats.com

RE: Mini Pizza's at airports Sat, 02/10/07 5:48 PM (permalink)
        When at the airport, CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN is a valid choice. Sorry Paul, the others are far too salty for me.

There were some JODI MARONI's sausage places that were "okay" ...

At MSP, there are a few intriguing places in that mall area. I hit STAGE DELI once and won't be back. meanwhile, their outpost in Vegas is okay. I dunno.

I was only in Pittsburgh once and that looked okay.

Most of all, I try to hold off and eat when I get there.

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
          RE: Mini Pizza's at airports Sun, 02/11/07 4:47 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by marzsit

i see lots of these being carried aboard now, probably due to the increasing nastiness of the food served on airline flights or meals being phased out altogether.. subway sandwiches also seem to be popular.
          If someone pulled out a stinky Subway sandwich sitting next to me i wouldn't be too happy. In fact i'd try to change my seat.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6203
            RE: Mini Pizza's at airports Sun, 02/11/07 11:08 AM (permalink)
            I know we all have to suck it up when flying and pick the best of the worst but I could not be persuaded to eat pizza.....the fake crust, the phony tomato sauce, the rubbery cheese and greasy toppings are too much for me.

I agree that MSP has one of the best selections of eateries, I usually go for a salad at Wolfgang Puck's.

jeepguy, the only thing worse than that Subway sandwich is the lady changing the baby's diaper in her seat!!! PSP to MSP two weeks ago, I saw this and was appalled!

BunnySlippers

• Total Posts: 126
              RE: Mini Pizza's at airports Sun, 02/11/07 12:13 PM (permalink)
              Last week when I was leaving from the D concourse at CLT, I noticed a Freschetta (yes the frozen pizza people) stand and picked one up as I was in a hurry. I was expecting the worst, but it was hot and surprisingly tasty. Better than most of the food I have had in airports. I guess you never know until you try.

Jeepguy, I agree with your thoughts on stinky food on planes. Strong onions are the worst .. especially if the person beside you consumes them then falls asleep.

phatphil

• Total Posts: 668
                RE: Mini Pizza's at airports Sun, 02/11/07 3:59 PM (permalink)
                i saw mini godfather pizzas here in florida even whole pies next to them hot in a box, the minis taste better though because the crust fires at the edges

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
                  RE: Mini Pizza's at airports Mon, 02/12/07 7:33 AM (permalink)
                  The Sbarro's pizza at the Orlando Airport was very good - fresh, and made on site before your eyes.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com