The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

I-79 Pennsylvania

jsgbuffalo

• Total Posts: 1
I-79 Pennsylvania Thu, 07/24/03 1:41 PM (permalink)
In about a week we'll be driving from Buffalo, NY, to NC via WV. Any suggestions for lunch places near I-79 between Erie and Pittsburgh? Relatively close to the highway would be good. Thanks!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7385
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: I-79 Pennsylvania Thu, 07/24/03 2:55 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jsgbuffalo

In about a week we'll be driving from Buffalo, NY, to NC via WV. Any suggestions for lunch places near I-79 between Erie and Pittsburgh? Relatively close to the highway would be good. Thanks!

When I was living in Pittsburgh and had withdrawal pangs for the beach, I would head to lake Erie for the day. It was over 2 hours each way, but it helped ease the symptoms. When returning to Pittsburgh, my buddy and I would go to Sandalini's off the Meadville exit approx 40 miles south of Erie. They had decent Italian food. Another option in Cranberry Township approx 20 miles north of Pittsburgh is Domenico's a Sports Bar/Restaurant that has a fairly diverse menu. Finally another option off the New Castle Exit (rt 422) is the Kopper Kettle. A greasy spoon with hearty breakfasts. I believe they may be open for lunch too.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6230
      RE: I-79 Pennsylvania Fri, 07/25/03 7:45 AM (permalink)
      Take the Zelienople exit and go a couple miles north on Rt. 68 and you'll come to a place on the left called the Log Cabin. It really is a log cabin. It used to be a rough and tough bar for all the hunters going to and from Tionesta to hunt. It was renovated and turned into a restaurant and bar and the food is excellent........great moose, deer mounts on the walls.

nodreffahs

• Total Posts: 7
        RE: I-79 Pennsylvania Wed, 09/10/03 12:06 AM (permalink)
        Those are both very good posts. Lots of places in Meadville and Cranberry Township, the log cabin is awesome. Grove city is another good exit. Outlet malls and all the regular fast food and steak house places. If you have the time check out the Quaker Steak & Lube in Robinson Twp. (Pittsburgh Area). Follow signs toward Pittsburgh airport Rt. 60 n. Two exits (less than 5 miles) off 79. Great wings. Just like the anchor bar.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com