"New"5000 mile road trip,need suggestions

Author
Wiseguy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 42
2003/07/24 15:27:55 (permalink)

"New"5000 mile road trip,need suggestions

Hello Everyone!

I made this topic a week ago and since then we have revised our schedule and where we are going,here is the NEW route.

My girlfriend and I are about to embark on a three week roadtrip out west and would love to hear from some seasoned roadies on where to eat.

We will be heading west from Chicago towards St Louis,MO and Kansas City,MO with a stop over near by.
We will then be headed west on I-70 through Kansas towards Colorado with a stop near Colorado Springs,CO and Cripple Creek,CO. Then we'll be headed through Colorado with a stop in Gunnison,CO and then down the "million dollar highway"(550) stopping in Durango,CO.

From Durango we're headed west to Monument Valley,Kayenta,AZ(160) to Tuba City,AZ then up to the north rim of the Grand Canyon,AZ
Leaving there we will be headed towards Death Valley national park,CA on I-15 through Utah.
From Death Valley we will be headed North on 395 up to June Lake,CA near Yosemite national park,CA
Leaving Yosemite We'll be headed east to San Francisco,CA.

From SF we'll be headed down Highway 1 to Santa Cruz And Monterey,CA
and then back east towards Seqouia and Kings canyon national park,CA
From there we'll push southeast through the desert to Las Vegas,NV

From there we'll be heading north on I-15 to Bryce Canyon,UT and then take the scenic rout of Highway 12 through Utah with a stop in Capitol Reef national park,UT and then up northeast to Moab,UT and Arches national park.

THEN!!!! Whewwww! (wipes sweaty brow!)

We'll then be headed back through Colorado with a stop near Golden,CO(Coors brewery) and/or Estes,Rocky mountain national park,CO
Then on home on I-70 or I-80 (suggestions on which road to take)back to Chicago.

What a Loooooong trip.(Again)

PLEASE!, if you guys and gals have any other suggestions please let us know.
I will be doing research on this site and a few others to find some good places to eat and also visit on the road,but it seems so overwhleming.Thanks and happy travels!

Wiseguy.

Thanks Again!

23 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1