Restaurant or Home-cooked steaks?

Author
dadetigl
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 120
2007/01/30 19:37:18 (permalink)

Restaurant or Home-cooked steaks?

Maybe I'm just cheap, but after eating in fine steakhouses in FL like Bern's, Del Frisco's and Charlie's, I have decided that I can grill a steak at home "almost" as good for 1/4 of what they charge. Sure it's not prime, but I can get some pretty good cuts of meat at the Fresh Market or Sam's. I can't get my grill as hot as theirs but my steaks still come out rare with nice grill marks. After 2 or 3 drinks before dinner, I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between prime and choice anyway. Maybe aged steak.

I don't really care if you can cut it with a spoon or a butter knife, to me, it's not worth the $30-$50 for a steak in these high end places unless you're Bill Gates or Tiger Woods. I do not have an expense account with my job. My home-cooked steaks may not be as tender but they still taste great.

We still go to one of these places every so often, but for a high end meal, we usually pick a very nice seafood or Italian place to eat because I'm not very good at cooking that stuff.

End of rant.

Honestly now. Discounting the ambiance of the restaurant. Is it worth the high prices?

60 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1