Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Frederick, Md

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 36 of 36
jayrobert

• Total Posts: 44
Re:Frederick, Md Sat, 05/21/11 8:21 PM (permalink)
Not exaggerating or trying to be funny, the chef at Volt knows the exact chicken that has laid every egg he uses and, upon request, he'll give you it's personal history.

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
    Re:Frederick, Md Sat, 05/28/11 7:39 PM (permalink)

OK. Stopped by the NEW Freez King in Frederick and for a late lunch today. Holy-freakin-moly!! Fantastic. Without exaggeration, Frederick, Maryland now has a true destination place for burger fare eats (and not just a place where the snow cones were the best "in Frederick"). Party of three today had burgers (which, note to Five Guys, et. al, are not only made to order but at your preference for doneness) including a delicious turkey burger served atop a soft bakery roll adorned with cranberry-orange compote mayo and watercress. All burgers were hand-formed and flawless. Shared a large order of at least twice cooked, hand-cut fries dotted with what appeared to be sea salt. Again, flawless (never mind delicious). And ended our 3:30 pm lunch with both great soft serve and even better hand-dipped ice cream from the equally local South Mountain Creamery.

Freez King is easily accessible from all parts of Frederick BUT SO TO for those traveling on I-70 through Frederick as you can just take the Route 85 exit north (and past Frederick's recently opened new visitor's center) which turns into East Street taking you to 1303 North East Street.

I honestly can't wait to return.  

Jaybo

• Total Posts: 55
      Re:Frederick, Md Tue, 05/31/11 7:26 PM (permalink)
      Tried it tonight and concur that its a fine addition to the Frederick roadfood map. 

It is nice to see, generally, a move toward 'fast' bugers and fries at a higher quality; such as with five guys (though I agree five guys has seen better days).  In this case, I wouldn't say it was the best burger I've ever had - a Shake Shack on the 270 corridor will end that argument.  But it was pretty good.   The fries were also good, though not particularly crispy in my case.  A chocolate shake was delicious, thick and malty - a highlight that my daughter wouldn't share much of.  

What was surprising was the overall subtlety (or lack of) flavor in the meat, cheese, bun and bacon.   I suppose a recent Shake Shack visit had me hooked - where the meat was spiced in some way and served on a potato roll, making both very flavorful without any additional toppings.   Here, there's a beef flavor to be sure - but a bacon cheeseburger didn't seem to have that balance of beef, bacon, cheese and bun flavors.   The #19 with goat cheese and flavored mayo was quite flavorful - so it isn't the case with all toppings, just some of the basics.

So I'd also recommend and will return.  I don't think I'd make a journey to find it though - at least not yet.  For those travelling either on 15 north-south or 70 east-west, it is (as mentioned) a quick couple of blocks from the highway exit.   The ordering is completed indoors at a counter, but there is no indoor seating and only 4 outdoor tables - bring your dashboard!! 

Jaybo

Re:Frederick, Md Tue, 05/31/11 7:28 PM (permalink)
        BTW Mr. i95 - your picture of the Freez King sign points to the left, while their website picture points to the right.  Which way is it?  ;)

Also, is it fair to say that "sign with arrow = good roadfood possibilities?"

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
          Re:Frederick, Md Tue, 05/31/11 8:23 PM (permalink)
          Jaybo

BTW Mr. i95 - your picture of the Freez King sign points to the left, while their website picture points to the right.  Which way is it? 

Yes.

Jaybo

Also, is it fair to say that "sign with arrow = good roadfood possibilities?"

No.

Jaybo

Re:Frederick, Md Wed, 06/1/11 7:33 AM (permalink)
            MuwhahahhaAahaa!!  Indeed!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
              Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 36 of 36

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com