Midwestern Chili...............Great Stuff !!

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15183
2003/03/14 18:42:10 (permalink)

Midwestern Chili...............Great Stuff !!

When I first tried chili at a small place in southern Indiana I wasn't prepared for what the locals refer to as Cincinnati-style chili !!! Digging deep into the bowl I expected to fetch up some beans and meat...or at least some beans. But NOOOOOOO, There was the residue of someone's Italian Dinner ( I thought) resting at the bottom of my bowl. My companion, a local resident, explained that " All Chili has some form of pasta in it somewhere". Being a Californian I was sort of accustomed to odd combinations, but had not heard of this before. Now, after a couple of decades of Midwestern life, I am not only accustomed... I miss the noodles when I go to those Tex-Mex or SouthWestern Style places. While I enjoy a moderate amount of 'Heat' in my Chili, I find my system agrees with the nutmeggy/cinnamon combinations found at Empress, Skyline, or Gold Star Chili parlor's. I just wish the pro's would use a bowl instead of a plate... Give me a bowl of 5 way, and I will just grin... You can have your Tex-Mex Bowl of Red anyday.

56 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1