The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Midwestern Chili...............Great Stuff !!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
  • Roadfood Insider
Midwestern Chili...............Great Stuff !! Fri, 03/14/03 6:42 PM (permalink)
When I first tried chili at a small place in southern Indiana I wasn't prepared for what the locals refer to as Cincinnati-style chili !!! Digging deep into the bowl I expected to fetch up some beans and meat...or at least some beans. But NOOOOOOO, There was the residue of someone's Italian Dinner ( I thought) resting at the bottom of my bowl. My companion, a local resident, explained that " All Chili has some form of pasta in it somewhere". Being a Californian I was sort of accustomed to odd combinations, but had not heard of this before. Now, after a couple of decades of Midwestern life, I am not only accustomed... I miss the noodles when I go to those Tex-Mex or SouthWestern Style places. While I enjoy a moderate amount of 'Heat' in my Chili, I find my system agrees with the nutmeggy/cinnamon combinations found at Empress, Skyline, or Gold Star Chili parlor's. I just wish the pro's would use a bowl instead of a plate... Give me a bowl of 5 way, and I will just grin... You can have your Tex-Mex Bowl of Red anyday.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com