The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Grand Piano in a McDonald's, Indianapolis

IndyRick

• Total Posts: 65
Grand Piano in a McDonald's, Indianapolis Thu, 02/8/07 8:55 PM (permalink)
I saw the thread about the Bluegrass Music in a MickeyD's in South Carolina..

Here in Indianapolis, specifically in Broad Ripple, the McDonald's has a Grand Piano, up on a raised platform in the Dining room.....I find it oddly intriquing. Or however the heck you spell it. Anyone else with live music at McDonald's in your area?

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
    RE: Grand Piano in a McDonald's, Indianapolis Fri, 02/9/07 10:31 AM (permalink)
    I've never heard of live music at a McD's, but "theme" McD's have been around for some time.

The first I know of was in downtown Providence, in the mid-70s. They moved into a lovely old bank building (the early 20th century type with columns and vaulted ceilings etc.) and rather than gut the space and plasterboard it in red and yellow they maintained some of the original detail and did the interior in brass and (if I recall) green. They called it "banker's quarters."

There's a 50's inspired McD's in Framingham, Mass. that's loaded with Elvis, car culture, and rock & roll memorabilia.
    If McD's did have live music in our area, it would probably be oldies. Boston's a rock & roll town, and in most of New England oldies is the "family" music.

Joisey

• Total Posts: 150
      RE: Grand Piano in a McDonald's, Indianapolis Fri, 02/9/07 11:14 AM (permalink)
      the one by Wall St in NYC (actually on Broadway), used to have a pianist in a tux playing during lunch hour LOL!

Rowsdower98

• Total Posts: 132
        RE: Grand Piano in a McDonald's, Indianapolis Sat, 02/10/07 3:14 AM (permalink)
        I recall a 50's themed McDonald's near Newport News, VA that had a '57 Chevy in the lobby. There's also a McDonald's built in the 50's style in Cape Girardeau, MO.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com