The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

where did the info for the Nashville tour go/

pcdiva

• Total Posts: 591
where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Thu, 02/22/07 12:24 AM (permalink)
I've looked and looked and can't find the itenerary for the afternoon tour any more. Where are we going, and where did the info go?

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15069
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Fri, 02/23/07 11:35 AM (permalink)

Alice I don't know what happened to it???? I will check with Stephen shortly and get back to you.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Fri, 02/23/07 12:16 PM (permalink)

Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle

• Total Posts: 1350
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Fri, 02/23/07 12:29 PM (permalink)
        Stephen, how do you get there if you don't use the link you just posted?

ChiTownDiner

RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 03/3/07 8:58 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Bruce Bilmes & Sue Boyle

Stephen, how do you get there if you don't use the link you just posted?

Are the tours still a go? I noticed this question has remained unanswered and some of the threads have disappeared regarding the trip.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 03/3/07 9:36 AM (permalink)
            The tour is still on.

pcdiva

• Total Posts: 591
              RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 03/10/07 12:06 AM (permalink)
              thanks! New question: Where are the out of towners staying so Mom & I can join up with some fellow roadfooders Fri. night & Sun. morning?

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 03/10/07 8:21 AM (permalink)
                Many of us are staying at the Sheraton Music City - located right near the airport.

nianqua

RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Thu, 04/5/07 10:24 AM (permalink)
                  I have tickets for the morning and afternoon and it is beginning to look like I won't be able to go--is anyone else interested in the tickets?

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
                    RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Fri, 04/6/07 12:34 AM (permalink)
                    Nianqua said:quote:
                    Originally posted by nianqua

I have tickets for the morning and afternoon. . . is anyone else interested in the tickets?
                    And I have two sets and am interested in selling one pair for morning or afternoon tour (not sure which). Any takers?

Digital Man

• Total Posts: 3
                      RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 04/7/07 1:31 PM (permalink)
                      Looking for a hotel/motel Friday night. Ideal would have two beds.

With the marathon on Saturday, seems much is booked up.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

lostnthemail

• Total Posts: 427
                        RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 04/7/07 6:06 PM (permalink)
                        We were able to get a room at the Hampton Inn on I-40 W. It's fairly close to the Loveless Cafe which is an ending & starting point for both tour. Good Luck!!

mlinkinhoker

• Total Posts: 183
                          • Roadfood Insider
                          RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 04/7/07 10:48 PM (permalink)
                          You might also try staying to the south of town - Brentwood/Cool Springs/Franklin areas have a lot of hotels. Nice safe areas. Easy to cut across to Loveless and keeps you out of the traffic for the Country Music Marathon. Franklin might be a little crowded as the Main Street Festival is going on that weekend. Anything down I-65 South between Nashville and Franklin though is good. I-24 on the South part of town can be a little iffy (the areas around it are now referred to as United Nations and there is a good bit of crime that direction) If staying in the Airport area - be sure to stay north of I-40 - Donelson Pike, Elm Hill Pike area, Opryland area. I wouldn't stay on anything on Murfreesboro Road/Spence Lane.

OH - Preston at the corner of I-40 and Briley Parkway is an older hotel that has undergone a thorough renovation and I have heard WONDERFUL things about it - it's a boutique hotel and it is safe.

If you go out west, look towards Bellevue. I probably wouldn't stay on White Bridge Road and would look closely at the ones on Charlotte - some areas are good others soso.

If anybody wants any specific information or to ask me about a particular hotel, feel free to email at mlinkinhokerAThotmailDOTcom

Digital Man

RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 04/7/07 10:52 PM (permalink)
                            Wow! Thank you very much!

Have you stayed at the lodge/Inn at Montgomery Bell State Park? Prices are decent, but it's a 35-40 minute hike to the Loveless Cafe.

Hampton Inn looks great, but it's booked up for Friday night.

Thanks again!

mlinkinhoker

• Total Posts: 183
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Thu, 04/12/07 9:50 PM (permalink)
                              I have not stayed at the lodge/inn but have been to events down there and it is nice. I do know a lot of people that have stayed there recently for a 'retreat' and thoroughly enjoyed it. The scenery is lovely.

There are several bed and breakfasts nearby. Let me take a look and get back with you on those. One is Brentwood Manor B&B nestled in the hills of Brentwood across from where Mr. Eddie Arnold lives. Very picturesque. There is another one a little futher away that friends have raved about but I can't think of the name of it to save my soul right now.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
                                RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Thu, 04/12/07 10:23 PM (permalink)
                                Amendment: I have, but would like to release, two tickets for the afternoon tour. Drop me a line or meet me at the Loveless!

courtc7231

RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Fri, 04/13/07 10:56 AM (permalink)
                                  We also have 2 tickets for the afternoon tour that we will not be able to use. Please email if you would like them.

msdiner

• Total Posts: 14
                                    RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 04/14/07 1:18 PM (permalink)
                                    I just spoke to some friends last night who are interested in afternoon tickets--I will definitely need 2 tickets and maybe 2 more (I will find out later about those).

Are there people who still have afternoon tickets available?

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: where did the info for the Nashville tour go/ Sat, 04/14/07 1:29 PM (permalink)
                                      You should post all of your requests here: http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19297

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                        • No New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                        • Read Message
                                        • Post New Thread
                                        • Reply to message
                                        • Post New Poll
                                        • Submit Vote
                                        • Post reward post
                                        • Delete my own posts
                                        • Delete my own threads
                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com