Matt's BIG Breakfast - Phoenix - PICS

Author
desertdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1946
2007/03/02 15:27:02 (permalink)

Matt's BIG Breakfast - Phoenix - PICS

I had an 8AM appointment in downtown Phoenix this morning so I finally got the chance to try out Matt's, a place I've heard good things about lately.

Matt's Big Breakfast is a small place on a corner just north of downtown. It is bright and cheerful, with plenty of windows.

My server, Tascha was excellent, making great recommendations like the fresh squeezed OJ and the special of the day, Chorizo and eggs with roasted Jalapenos.

She suggested the home fries, which I must say were out of this world. It also came with a fresh tortilla to wrap up my chorizo and eggs. I was interested in how the pancakes tasted, so I got one of those as well.

I have to say, this was one outstanding breakfast! I usually doctor my food up with S&P and hot sauce (sometimes ketchup), this needed absolutely nothing. The eggs and chorizo were flavorful without being overly spicy, and as I said, the potatoes...mmmmmmmmmmm. The pancake was also delicious, topped with honey butter and real syrup.

Between the great service, great food, and eclectic atmosphere (the place is so small to get to the bathroom you have to go through the kitchen) this eatery gets two paws up from the Dog!

A very cool place and some great grub. If you are in Phoenix, you gotta try Matt's. I will be back and then, do a formal review for the restaurants section. Look for that soon, cuz I can't wait to get back!

Matt's Big Breakfast
801 North 1st Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004

Phone: 602-254-1074

Open: Tues - Sun 6:30 AM - 2:30 PM

www.mattsbigbreakfast.com

13 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1