Hot!Another Saturday, Another Pizza - PICS

Author
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6360
2007/03/11 18:33:29 (permalink)

Another Saturday, Another Pizza - PICS

It was another stay in Saturday night watching Borat on DVD. So, I made another pizza starting at 4 PM making the dough from 2-1/2 cups flour, 1 cup warm water with a packet of yeast and a pinch of sugar, a dash of salt and garlic powder in the flour, and olive oil to wet the wooden spoon. I hand knead my dough, turn and fold, turn and fold and so on. By hand kneading I get a feel for the dough's texture and workability and add olive oil or more flour as I go as needed. Then I let it sit for about an hour covered while I prepare the other ingredients. When it rises I punch it down and let it sit again. Also during this time I have to stove pre-heating at 450F with a pizza stone on the bottom rack.

I use a 16" aluminum pizza pan. First I form the pizza by hand on the knuckles. Still have not mastered the art of tossing. I drop it on the pan and push it out to the edge and then pinch the dough around the edge to form a slight lip. My last pizza was a deep dish where I put provolone cheese in the bottom first. I did this on my flat pizza thus...

Next I spread pre-cooked with a chopped red onion and a little fennel seed, hot Italian sausage. After I cooked the sausage and onion I poured off as much fat as possble and let it sit in a bowl with paper towels to bleed off more fat - my token healthyism.

I spread just a little bit of pizza sauce and a sprinkling of oregano first and then evenly spread out the sausage mix. I de-imphazised the sauce on this one using probably half of what I would normally put on. Next I placed baby bella sliced mushrooms thus...

Next I topped the pizza with shredded mozzerella cheese topped with black olives and finished off with a cross sliced banana pepper. I find that if I place an aluminum pan directly on a stone, the heat transfers rather quickly and I get an even crust lightly browned on the bottom. This pizza baked in a quick 15 minutes at 450F. And this is how it turned out...

PS. I forgot to add. They came out of the oven at 6 PM.

408 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1