Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Yuppie Breakfast

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 45 of 45
Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
  • Roadfood Insider
RE: Yuppie Breakfast Thu, 03/15/07 6:34 PM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by sk bob

I'd have it catered by Waffle House & White Castle. best of both worlds

Both worlds? What 2 worlds are those? That's like the old joke, "I like BOTH kinds of music: Country AND Western."

Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
    RE: Yuppie Breakfast Thu, 03/15/07 6:56 PM (permalink)
    The only time I heard that was in the movie Blues Brothers, right before Dan Aykroyd sang Theme from Rawhide. Must be because I enjoy C&W.

RubyRose

• Total Posts: 2187
      RE: Yuppie Breakfast Thu, 03/15/07 8:41 PM (permalink)
      We sometimes tend to lose sight of it on this board but many companies (mine included) are much more health conscious than even 5 years ago. My former boss, Mr. Donut-and-Bacon Man cost the company a bundle both in medical costs and lost leadership time with his two heart attacks and bypass surgery. As the chunky cholesterol laden guys retire, fresh fruit and bagels with regular or lite cream cheese have replaced donuts and Danish.

I don’t disagree with raising the bar on healthy breakfast or snack alternatives to satisfy those employees who embrace a healthier lifestyle than I do.

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
        RE: Yuppie Breakfast Fri, 03/16/07 10:40 AM (permalink)
        I'm sort of odd on my beliefs about health. I think exercise is ten times more important than the fuel going into the body. If the furnace is hot enough it will burn anything.

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
          RE: Yuppie Breakfast Fri, 03/16/07 7:14 PM (permalink)
          from The Blues Brothers movie, " we have both kinds of music, country & western "

Wandering Chew

• Total Posts: 121
            RE: Yuppie Breakfast Sat, 03/17/07 3:01 PM (permalink)
            quote:

from The Blues Brothers movie, " we have both kinds of music, country & western "

Dont forget "de woman, de little girls...how much for the women"...
            by Belushi

and can this post finally DIE.. dont yuppies eat food; dont they bleed when you break their skin... dont they eat grilled tofu with melon jus, coulis of basil gelatine and shiso infused monkfish liver oil.

xannie_01

• Total Posts: 1481
              RE: Yuppie Breakfast Sat, 03/17/07 4:10 PM (permalink)
              not for 25 dollars.

NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
                RE: Yuppie Breakfast Sat, 03/17/07 6:54 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Wandering Chew

quote:

Dont forget "de woman, de little girls...how much for the women"...
                by Belushi

and can this post finally DIE.. dont yuppies eat food; dont they bleed when you break their skin... dont they eat grilled tofu with melon jus, coulis of basil gelatine and shiso infused monkfish liver oil.

Real yuppies don't eat tofu. That's for tree huggers and other crunchy types

Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
                  RE: Yuppie Breakfast Sat, 03/17/07 8:58 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by Wandering Chewand can this post finally DIE.. dont yuppies eat food; dont they bleed when you break their skin... dont they eat grilled tofu with melon jus, coulis of basil gelatine and shiso infused monkfish liver oil.
                  Who am I to criticize them for their tastes? I have a thing for meat that's been cooked until it's pasty, then formed into a relative cylinder, milk that's not only spoiled, but that bacteria and mold have been added to to aid said spoilage, and pancakes and waffles with tree sap.

BakersBoy

• Total Posts: 302
                    RE: Yuppie Breakfast Tue, 03/20/07 6:28 PM (permalink)
                    NYNM:

Have your people "SaraBeths" call my people "Tecolote", we wil do breakfast.

BB

NYNM

RE: Yuppie Breakfast Tue, 03/20/07 6:30 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by BakersBoy

NYNM:

Have your people "SaraBeths" call my people "Tecolote", we wil do breakfast.

BB

I'd say that's a deal, but I don't think those two people talk with each other.....

BakersBoy

RE: Yuppie Breakfast Tue, 03/20/07 7:27 PM (permalink)
                        NYNM,

You are probably right. But I do know that my wife wants to go to NY in the Spring and visit NM in the Fall. She has this thing for Canyon Road. Drop me a line. To keep this food-centric Tecolote does have poached chicken livers for breakfast. We always stay at the ElRey.

BB

BunglingBill

• Total Posts: 218
                          RE: Yuppie Breakfast Thu, 03/22/07 12:27 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by Greymo

Real homemade Corned Beef hash with a perfectly poached egg on top............don't forget to bring the peppermill to the table!

I would certainly agree you, but somehow I don't think that CB hash qualifies as "yuppie food." And that's just fine with me because: (1) I don't particularly care for yuppies, and (2) if so-called-yuppies liked it, the price (in restaurants) would undoubtedly DOUBLE or TRIPLE.

Case in point: my favorite cuts of steak (flank, skirt, hanger) used to be very inexpensive until the YUPPIES and MARKETERS went to work. Now those cuts cost as much or MORE than porterhouse.

Let's don't tell the yuppies and soccer moms about corned beef hash!

NYNM

RE: Yuppie Breakfast Thu, 03/22/07 7:25 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by BakersBoy

NYNM,

You are probably right. But I do know that my wife wants to go to NY in the Spring and visit NM in the Fall. She has this thing for Canyon Road. Drop me a line. To keep this food-centric Tecolote does have poached chicken livers for breakfast. We always stay at the ElRey.

BB

Poached chicken livers for breakfast????? How Hispanic is that??? ElRey is fun. One thing I did before we bought a place in NM is to use some property management places and rent a home for a few days rather than a hotel. They are often comparable to or even less that a hotel/upscale motel. Usually great views, hot tubs, etc. and you can cook your own NM meals right there.

NM is beautiful in the fall: chile roasting season, and NY is great in spring (all 5 days of it - it can go from wet and cold to humid and hot pretty fast)

Another NM breakfast place I recommend, breakfast burritos of course, is Over Easy Cafe on Rodeo Rd near Camino Carlos Rey and for a yuppified NM breakast, quite good, is Anasazi, on Washignton Ave near the plaza, reviewed on here on Road Food.

BakersBoy

RE: Yuppie Breakfast Thu, 03/22/07 7:47 PM (permalink)
                              NYNM,

Yeah. I was surprised as well but she loved them. I always go for the pancakes. Tecolote is a great restaurant but you have to get there early or stand in line.

We have looked into properties in Mountainaire, NM. A really small town, The local grocery on the main street closes at 6:00pm. However there is a place there called the "Firehouse Grill". It is run by a transplated NYC fireman and the food there is really amazing. Nothing fancy but good.

We have been to Santa Fe many times over the past twenty years and have not had a bad meal. From the Coyote, to Pascquals to Woolworths. The last place we visited was the SantaFeCafe. Excellant! But we can never leave unless we have something from Roque's. As long as he is not in Mexico for the winter.

When you get back drive down to San Antonio, NM go to the Buckhorn Grill (across from the Owl Bar) and get a green chili cheeseburger it is better than any place in the state.

Drop me a line.

BB (Kevin)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 45 of 45

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread
                                • Reply to message
                                • Post New Poll
                                • Submit Vote
                                • Post reward post
                                • Delete my own posts
                                • Delete my own threads
                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com