Breyers vs. Dreyers

Author
cougartonyusa
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
2007/03/18 02:17:25 (permalink)

Breyers vs. Dreyers

I don't remember the original Breyers very well. When I lived in eastern Pennsylvania it was just one of the choices. At that time there were several great brands--Hersheys, Abbotts, Lehigh Valley. Now that all the ice cream in the supermarket is made by Unilever and Nestles, save for Blue twins - Bell and Bunny - I'd go with Nestles' Dreyers/Eddy brand. Even at 10 or 11% fat, it is still more flavorful and creamier than Breyers - without the fish protein. Breyers mint chocolate chip hardly has any mint flavor. Dreyers chocolate ice cream is superior to Breyers' chocolate which often just breaks into pieces when you try to scoop it. Who are they kidding with that double churned gimmick? The best and most consistent Breyers product is the regular chocolate chip even with the pastic chocolate chips. With Haagen Dazs a Nestles product and Ben & Jerry's a Unilever, our good old fashioned US premium ice cream market has been taken over by European manufacturers and that's a shame. I hear the ice cream wars between the two mega-companies is fierce. A local brand has a difficult time getting freezer space these days and pays through the nose to do it.

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1