The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Chicago Japanese (Matsuya)

danimal15

• Total Posts: 1092
Chicago Japanese (Matsuya) Mon, 03/19/07 10:52 AM (permalink)
Here to report that my wife and kids and I went to Matsuya, on Clark Street just south of Wrigley Field, over the weekend and the food was as good (and almost as cheap) as ever. The kids enjoyed their usual Japanese dinners of miso soup and rice and udon noodles. My wife and I ordered combinations, and though the price has risen somewhat in the three years since we were last there, it still qualifies as one of the great bargains on Chicago's North Side. For $10.25, you get miso soup, rice a combination plate of beef and chicken teriyaki and veggie and seafood tempura, and a bowl of ice cream. The food quality is almost as good as some of the more expensive Japanese places, though one complaint is the fat on the chicken (it's easily peeled off, however).

We didn't try any of the sushi, but local reviewers who've tried it call it the best in town. The only bad thing about the restaurant is lack of parking, but someone must have been watching over us, because amid all the hoopla of St. Patrick's Day being celebrated somewhat rambunctiously at nearby bars and out on the street, we found a metered space just around the corner. Can't count on that every time, though.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com