Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

McDonald's Breakfast Burrito

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 41 of 41
Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Tue, 08/5/03 7:31 PM (permalink)
Concerning the McDonald's Breakfast Burrito: At least one REGIONAL FF chain came up with this idea LONG before McDee's did. I must say they are quite a bit better than the McDonald's offerings. I must admit however, that on RARE occasions I did partake of a McDee's Egg McMuffin and (shudder)... a Steak, Egg, & Cheese Bagel...

http://whataburger.com/

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17851
    RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Tue, 08/5/03 7:37 PM (permalink)
    I forgot about McDonald's trying hot dogs about six months ago. I guess that didn't fly any better than the bratwurst. Then there were the mini-corn dogs they had a while back.

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3591
      RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Tue, 08/5/03 7:47 PM (permalink)
      How about the Chili-Burgers McD's did a while ago.....that had chili WITH BEANS on it?

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7408
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Tue, 08/5/03 7:58 PM (permalink)
        While briefly living in Albuquerque shortly after graduating from college in 1987 I remember Wendy's was selling GREEN CHILI CHEESEBURGERS. Never tried one though, and that was back in my fast food days!

ocdreamr

• Total Posts: 1109
          RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Tue, 08/5/03 9:23 PM (permalink)
          trust me, you haven't lived until you've seen a McDee's selling a crab cake, ranks right up there with those lobster rolls!! Unbelievably they do this on Marylands Eastern shore yet!!

Hotrodder

• Total Posts: 58
            RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Tue, 08/5/03 11:38 PM (permalink)
            I drove by a McDonalds today (NW Indiana) and on the sign it said they now have Johnsonville Brats.

goldsborscht

• Total Posts: 128
              RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Tue, 08/5/03 11:41 PM (permalink)
              Aside from the prejudice against NYC and semites, SchmickyD's still sucks. North Platte gentile and Brooklyn Jew-- same. Frontier breakfast burrito and Ronald's McBleh!rito-- not the same.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
                RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Tue, 08/5/03 11:49 PM (permalink)
                Aside from my admitted lust for MCD breakfast burritos (I bet my congregation wonders what that aroma is at early Mass on Sunday!), I must disagree about Sonic. They're individually and lovingly prepared (). Your only error is, of course, your preference for the #1. #2 is clearly superior. And I wish they'd change their numbering system, for obvious reasons. But they're still the best FF chain around!
                quote:
                Originally posted by Texicana

The only mass produced burger I ever crave is a good ole Sonic #1

Long live the independents!

Texicana

• Total Posts: 185
                  RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Wed, 08/6/03 9:00 AM (permalink)
                  Alright, mustard IS more diet friendly, I'll give you that Rick...I might have permanent brain freeze from their Route44 Fresh Lime slushes

Drambuie

• Total Posts: 2
                    RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Wed, 08/6/03 9:21 AM (permalink)
                    I really can't comprehend anyone loving McDonald's breakfast burrito. My difficulty is not based on social policy nor is it for health reasons, but it's purely for reasons of taste. The McDonald's breakfast burrito is a skinny, relatively flavorless little packet which cannot be compared to a real breakfast burrito.

Of course, since I have driven hours for White Castle hamburgers, I really am in no position to condemn anyone's particular food preferences.

In any event, does anyone else know what I'm talking about? I'm talking about those huge burritos, filed with fried potatoes, egg, cheese, and chorizo sausage (or bacon) and topped with a generous helping of green (or red) chili; the kind of breakfast burrito that you can get at Playa de Oro (Denver, Colorado) or at various little Mexican restaurants throughout the Southwest.

The real thing puts McDonald's breakfast burrito to shame, and will spoil you forever. It's like having a pizza from Pepe's or Sally's in Conneticut, and then trying to order from Dominos. You can never go back. <sigh>

Texicana

• Total Posts: 185
                      RE: McDonald's Breakfast Burrito Wed, 08/6/03 9:34 AM (permalink)
                      Drambuie in Texas those burritos the size of one's head are called Mariachis.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 41 of 41

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com