pastrami in Philly (succulent pics!)

Author
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
2007/03/31 21:29:23 (permalink)

pastrami in Philly (succulent pics!)

There is finally a real good pastrami place in Philly...

It is in the Reading Terminal Market on 11th and Arch St.
Name : Hershels East Side Deli.

Owner tells me it is "kosher and homemade"

It is hand carved, as well. A decent sized sandwich for only $8.50.
Sure it is bigger at Harold's Deli in NJ, but it costs $15.00.
(I like both places)

Hershel's opened in Feb. 2007, a welcome addition (IMO)to the Reading Terminal Market.... (the owner and his family were involved with Katz's deli in NYC for years)

[img][/img]signage
There is a small counter to sit at, but it is more fun to just order at the counter, cafeteria style, and watch them carve your sandwich,
(corned beef is real good , too), then sit out there at one of the markets common tables, complete with the aluminum folding chairs, like these folks in the pic...

This happened to be during the Philly Flower Show, so the market was PACKED, as it is located right across from the philly convention center.

The Reading Terminal Market has got to be one of the safest places to be in the country, as there are tons of police officers, (all branches and forms, like "special narcotics squad", etc), all sitting down to enjoy their Italian subs, cheesesteaks, etc, etc....I liked looking at all the different uniforms and patches.

I washed my sandwich down with some Bassett of Philadelphia ice cream. Dark chocolate chip, my favorite flavor.

60 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1