Carrols Roast Beef Hero

Author
RB0012Hero
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 20
2007/04/05 01:16:44 (permalink)

Carrols Roast Beef Hero

Hello again!

Did you ever had a yumptious sandwich called a Roast Beef Hero at Carrols?! Maybe you should've tried 'em while Carrols locations were around (1974-1981)... VOILÀ!! I recently came up with a good homemade recipe for 'em--you just buy some sliced roast beef from your local supermarket, get a bag full of either bolilio or brat rolls, and some beef broth, and whip some up.

CARROLS ROAST BEEF HERO
1 bag bolilio (or brat) rolls, sliced at top
1 - 2 lb sliced deli roast beef
1 can low-sodium beef broth (or homemade, see below)
Bull's Eye BBQ Sauce

Open up the bag of rolls--slit each one along the top. In a glass pie plate, pile in your roast beef, and pour in broth (in place of the canned broth, I just mix up ¼ - ½ c water with 1 beef bouillion cube [or 1½ t of powdered beef bouillion], few squirts low-sodium soy sauce, and a few squirts liquid hickory smoke extract); heat in microwave on HIGH for 2 - 3 mins.. Remove meat from microwave, and pile it inside each roll. Place sandwiches in paper towel-lined plate; return to microwave, and heat on 70% POWER for 25 - 30 sec.. Remove from microwave, squirt BBQ sauce (if desired), and serve (with fries-and-ketchup, and sodas).

Makes 6 - 8 sandwiches.

This recipe comes very close to the Carrols version. Enjoy!
Thank You!

RB0012Hero

1 Reply Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1