The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

WI restaurant without a fish fry?

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
WI restaurant without a fish fry? Mon, 04/9/07 3:08 PM (permalink)
Yes, it's true...there's at least one Wisconsin restaurant that doesn't have a Friday fish fry.

A couple of Fridays ago we went to Laz Bistro in Stoughton and there were only 2 seafood-only items on the menu: sesame-glazed salmon and tilapia in a Creole crawfish sauce over wild rice. My wife ordered the salmon ($10) and was happy with it (I'm not a big salmon eater and even I thought it was quite tasty), and the tilapia ($16) was superb. I can't remember everything in the sauce - it was creamy, with pieces of crawfish, garlic, scallions, tomatoes - but the flavor was outstanding and the fish itself was light and tender and not at all mushy. We skipped the appetizers and the portions were still more than enough to fill us.

It's just a little hole in the wall on Main St. (used to be a bar) but the food has been excellent every time we've been there. Plus there's good beer on tap and a decent wine selection, and it's not a wallet-buster.

Brad

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com