The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Mon, 04/23/07 9:08 AM (permalink)
Nashville is in sight! The current itinerary for the Roadfood tour on April 28, 2007 is as follows:

MORNING TOUR
We arrive casually at the Loveless Cafe (8400 Highway 100) any time after they open at 7am. Those of us who want to eat at the Loveless can do so. Or not. In any case, the bus will leave the Loveless Cafe at 9am.

From there, our stops are:
- Puckett's in Leiper's Fork
- Henpeck Market in Franklin
- Sylvan Park in Nashville

The bus will be returning to the Loveless Cafe between 1:30 and 1:45pm. Those who are not on the afternoon tour can have lunch at the Loveless. The AFTERNOON TOUR will leave the Loveless Cafe at 2pm.

From there, our stops are:
- Prince's Hot Chicken
- Swett's Cafeteria
- Monell's

and finally, back to the Loveless at approximately 7pm. Again, our meal at the Loveless will be casual for those who still have appetite … or not!

- The Roadfood.com Team

buffetbuster

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Mon, 04/23/07 11:35 AM (permalink)
    Stephen-
    Looks like there was quite a bit of switching around restaurants in the last week or so.

Anyway, both tours look like they are eating at some excellent places. I like to see two classic places like Sylvan Park & Swett's included in the tour.

Since I am on the morning tour and am a early bird by nature, I will definitely be at Loveless Cafe at 7:00AM for breakfast.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Mon, 04/23/07 11:55 AM (permalink)
      We had to make some switches to places that we were 100% sure could accommodate our group, and we also had to choose spots that wouldn't get caught in midst of the marathon and other festivals. Luckily, Nashville is a Roadfood gold mine so we had many options to work with.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15069
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Mon, 04/23/07 12:43 PM (permalink)

We will be at the Loveless early also. Watch for the dark Red Ford Crewcab with a cap on the back and the two Scotties hanging out the window. We will be doing our best to catch some candid photos at the start and finish of the tours.
        See you all soon.

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
          RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Mon, 04/23/07 4:14 PM (permalink)
          We who live in other parts of the country and who are not able to make these trips, have only one begging request: Pics! Lots of 'em! Many of the pple, many of the Scotties and many of the FOOD.

Pathetically yours,

Pwingsx

Sundancer7

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Mon, 04/23/07 7:03 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by Pwingsx

We who live in other parts of the country and who are not able to make these trips, have only one begging request: Pics! Lots of 'em! Many of the pple, many of the Scotties and many of the FOOD.

Pathetically yours,

Pwingsx

Sorry that you will not be able to do the trip to Nashville but I assure all that there will be super plenty of pics.

Maybe some will be asleep from all the food. I know from past experiences not to OD of the food. Just a little bit does just fine.

Paul E. Smith
            Knoxville, TN

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
              RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 12:30 AM (permalink)
              Are Jane and Michael Stern coming with us ?!?

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 11:22 AM (permalink)
                Ellen,
                On one of the threads about the Nashville weekend their is an announcement that Jane and Michael will be on the Bus Tours.

Weather forecasts for Nashville for the weekend are for the Mid-70's with only a slight chance of a few thunderboomers on Saturday. Friday and Sunday are "no rain" days.

ChiTownDiner

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 11:35 AM (permalink)
                  I can taste it already...

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
                    RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 12:12 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Ellen,
                    On one of the threads about the Nashville weekend their is an announcement that Jane and Michael will be on the Bus Tours.

Weather forecasts for Nashville for the weekend are for the Mid-70's with only a slight chance of a few thunderboomers on Saturday. Friday and Sunday are "no rain" days.

Thanks for the confirmation.....

This might make "USA Today" newspaper coverage. Their "destinations" section on Fridays loves stories like this. (with all of us posed in front of the bus, etc)

buffetbuster

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 2:38 PM (permalink)
                      Even though I did attend the first two Roadfood bus tours, I think I am eagerly anticipating this one the most, since so many people from this site are attending. It should be a great time meeting everyone!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                        RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 2:54 PM (permalink)
                        BB
                        I think that is one of my favorite activities related to this website... I really enjoy meeting folks who share some common interests, but come from such a diverse background. We have really had a good time at each of the various 'meet n greet n eat' activities. I am sorry that I won't be on the bus, as that seems to be the central theme of this trip, but I know my limitations and we will work around them.

Michael Stern

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 3:14 PM (permalink)
                          Oh, yes, Jane and I definitely will be there. It's a mere 8 meals in a day!

Sundancer7

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 3:30 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by Michael Stern

Michael, we learned several years ago how to pace yourself. We did a BBQ thing in West Tennessee and made a stop at a bunch of BBQ places that were excellent. We over did it at the first place and the rest of the afternoon was a bust.

You can only do a bite or so at each place. If you don't you want to snooze the rest of the day.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in Nashville, TN

Paul E. Smith
                            Knoxville, TN

buffetbuster

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 3:31 PM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by Michael Stern

Which is why we are only doing the morning tour. Eating in moderation, especially in places with great food, doesn't come easy to me.

The first year, I ate so much in Manny's, the first place on the tour, I barely had room for the Italian Beef and two hot dog places still to come.

Last year, my cousin and I did a little better, doing things like each eating half a roast beef sandwich at Nick's and Kelly's. But still, we had to go back to the hotel and take a nap afterwards.

Considering how much I love meat & threes and Southern food in general, this has the potential to get ugly!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 3:48 PM (permalink)

Yeah, The difference between sharing a Hot dog or a sandwich at a stop...and sharing Monells family style chicken dinner is immense. I will be intersted in seeing how the group copes with the variety and the quantity of the food served at each stop. I am sure we can all learn a lesson from Jane and Michael in this situation. They do this sort of thing quite often and have mastered the technique !!
                                This is going to be a great weekend.

Sundancer7

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Tue, 04/24/07 3:53 PM (permalink)
                                  When I say a bite, I mean a bite. You can get seriously overfilled on a eatathon and from then on out, it ain't no fun.

On one of our BBQ things in west Tennessee, we got so full that we wanted to sleep in the afternoon. Rough ride back from Lexington, TN to Nashville.

Paul E. Smith
                                  Knoxville, TN

pcdiva

• Total Posts: 591
                                    RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Wed, 04/25/07 7:18 PM (permalink)
                                    On the Italian Beef tour in Chicago last year we brought cutting boards and knives and split up sandwiches so we could all have a taste without getting over full. It worked out to each of us having 2 whole sandwiches over the 6 locations. I even was up for pizza that evening! I can supply some cutting boards and knives if desired. I'm only going on the afternoon tour though.
                                    Mom ALWAYS has baggies in her purse for those things that are too good to waste! Maybe we'll have room on the bus for some small coolers for leftovers? Only a couple more days!!!!

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                      RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Wed, 04/25/07 9:06 PM (permalink)
                                      Since most of the Nashville Stops are full-meal or at least meat and three style restaurants rather than sandwich/Hot Dog places, it will be interesting to see how the "sampling" works out. Baggies may be a very good idea !!

Since I haven't seen it posted on any thread about this tour.... and sounds sort of like everyone should know this...but PLEASE don't forget to bring alongCASH...and preferably in small bills and change. With this size group it will be hard on the servers if they are running around trying to break those "C" notes or $50's for a $5 order.
                                      Don't forget your cameras !!

buffetbuster

RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Thu, 04/26/07 11:15 AM (permalink)
                                        Mr. Mayor-
                                        That is excellent advice about bringing cash and using small bills if possible. For those on the bus tour, there will be a schedule we will have to keep and that will just make things go so much easier.

I'm happy to hear that about the weather, too.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                          RE: Nashville Eating Tour - Latest Update Thu, 04/26/07 11:21 AM (permalink)
                                          Another Weather Bulletin--- Thursday Morning

They have added "showers on and off" for Saturday. So be aware of the changes. Temp still listed for middle 70's.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                            • No New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                            • Read Message
                                            • Post New Thread
                                            • Reply to message
                                            • Post New Poll
                                            • Submit Vote
                                            • Post reward post
                                            • Delete my own posts
                                            • Delete my own threads
                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com