Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 56 of 56
Art Deco

• Total Posts: 889
RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/7/03 4:39 PM (permalink)
Oh, and a homegrown tomato and a cigar...

Hotrodder

• Total Posts: 58
    RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/7/03 5:12 PM (permalink)
    Ahhh today was a good day, made some sloppy joe (It's more of a sweet BBQ than a manwich style) and some sun tea (unsweetened).

Cosmos

• Total Posts: 1448
      RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/7/03 5:50 PM (permalink)
      Pork Carolina and a pint of Labbatts at the Dinosaur :)

hawkeyejohn

• Total Posts: 257
        RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/7/03 6:09 PM (permalink)
        Today was our company picnic and as one of the "chefs", who as a quality control function have to "sample" everything nibbled on ribs, rib tips, chicken wings, steak tacos, mexican corn on the cob....and a lot of water. The grills get hot.

goldsborscht

• Total Posts: 128
          RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/7/03 9:32 PM (permalink)
          Hot dog and frosty bites at the Yankee game.

elcoraidercheer

• Total Posts: 21
            RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/7/03 10:35 PM (permalink)
            I went to Isaac's Restaurant & Deli for lunch. Where I ate half of a "Whooping Crane" (no cheese), some of Isaacs' AWESOME Pickle Mix, and drank Dr. Brown's Diet Cream Soda. However when I got home I was still a little hungry, so I ate some Li Hing Mangos and drank some hot chocolate Then I was satisfied
            http://www.isaacsdeli.com/index.asp

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/7/03 10:37 PM (permalink)
              Airplane food. Yuck! I am not exactly sure what it was.

Linda Gebhardt

• Total Posts: 61
                RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/7/03 11:46 PM (permalink)
                I ate at home today. Good old boloney with american cheese and honey mustard on oatmeal bread, pretzels and a diet coke rounded out my "eat while studying for final" lunch.

BigGlenn

RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Fri, 08/8/03 1:41 AM (permalink)
                  Leftovers.......Again!

chilidawgguy

• Total Posts: 32
                    RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Tue, 08/12/03 5:30 PM (permalink)
                    Homemade pimento cheese on white toast and peach cobbler. And tonight? Buffalo wings, black pepper mashed potato salad, collard greens with diced turnips, and store bought Parker House rolls. (Thank god for Lipitor!)

Sundancer7

RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Tue, 08/12/03 7:15 PM (permalink)
                      Came home and did fried hotdogs with relish, onions, diced tomatoes out of the garden, jalapenos, bell peppers, Housers chili (Great), mustard, mayo, crinkled french fries in the deep fryer, ketchup, cole slaw and a diet Coke.

Did the job super.

Also did the corn pie suggested by an earlier poster for dinner. Real Good

Paul E. Smith
                      Knoxville, TN

jessicazee

• Total Posts: 132
                        RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Tue, 08/12/03 8:24 PM (permalink)
                        Had a "Rachel", a Reuben made with smoked turkey instead of corned beef, with iced tea and a little salad with red onion, grape tomatoes and blue cheese dressing at Hooligan's, a bar/restauarnt. And a coconut paleta from the popsicle lady who goes down my street walking her cart with the bell on it.

seafarer john

RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Tue, 08/12/03 10:42 PM (permalink)
                          A bologna on dark rye sandwich and a bowl of fresh blueberries in cream.

hermitt4d

• Total Posts: 367
                            RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Wed, 08/13/03 11:23 AM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by Lone Star

Today at lunch, after looking in some of the junk/antique stores for some old nightstands to refinsh for my daughter's room, I stopped by the Someburger shack.

You have to stand outside in the heat to order at the window (heat index here is 110 ) but it is worth it. You get a "Someburger" which reminds of a little town drive-in burger. Thin patty with a crusty edged toasted bun heaped with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, dill pickles, and lots of onions. Yum!

Someburger is not a chain, just a little joint here in the Houston Heights.

Great burgers, Lonestar. I haven't been in about 2 months. It was a chain at one time - 50s, 60s; entirely local so maybe 'chain' is the wrong term. There were three locations still in existence in the mid-80s when I first discovered them.

They've fixed up that location on 11th - paved the parking lot for the first time, built some new picnic tables and painted them. (Still no drive-thru, no playground for kids, not even indoor seating). I wonder if they've got a new owner? I had heard a story that was the sole income for a widow and it would probably die when she did, but I've always thought somebody should take that over and build it back into a local chain. Among the best fast food burgers I've ever had I think in part because that stand is so tiny they can't keep supplies on hand for more than a couple of days, so everything is fresh!

BTW, have you ever had the burger at Triple A? I've heard it's one of the best in the city.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17817
                              RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Wed, 08/13/03 12:37 PM (permalink)
                              I never eat lunch when I'm working. It makes me sleepy.

yumbo

• Total Posts: 330
                                RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Wed, 08/13/03 2:10 PM (permalink)
                                I had the Marquette Special at Real Chili (Milwaukee). See my post under Roadhouse Sayings.

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
                                  RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Wed, 08/13/03 2:22 PM (permalink)
                                  hermitt - I haven't had the burger at the Triple A, I can not get past the daily specials of meat and three's the times I have been there! The eggplant casserole is delicious. One of my co-workers always wants the fried chicken livers and we will call about 20 minutes ahead so they will be ready. I will make it a point to try the burger next time.

I don't know who runs the someburger now, but it seems there is always a line there of all kinds of people. I did not know it was once part of a small chain.

ocdreamr

• Total Posts: 1109
                                    RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Wed, 08/13/03 2:39 PM (permalink)
                                    Had leftovers for lunch today, 2 crab cakes, some potato salad and a large green salad.

Hillbilly

• Total Posts: 992
                                      RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/14/03 1:01 PM (permalink)
                                      I had a very tasty tuna melt (see thread under sandwiches) at Eisenberg's Sandwich across from the Flatiron Building on 5th Avenue between 22nd and 23rd streets in NYC.

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
                                        RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Thu, 08/14/03 1:46 PM (permalink)
                                        Went to Colinas, had a half order of chicken fettucine, salad, and divine breadsticks.

jessicazee

RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Fri, 08/15/03 6:47 PM (permalink)
                                          A steak and ale pie from OzPies, along with a little Greek chicken salad with tons of Kalamata olives, chunks of feta, carrot, yellow pear tomatoes in a lemon vinaigrette. And an orange Club soda. I think it's from Ireland, and I love it.

mousec

• Total Posts: 298
                                            RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Fri, 08/15/03 7:58 PM (permalink)
                                            A slice of soggy Costco pizza and a coke.

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3563
                                              RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Fri, 08/15/03 8:20 PM (permalink)
                                              Monday-----In and Out Double Double Burger, Animal Style, fries and a Diet Pepsi.
                                              Tuesday----Vietnamese Barbecue Pork Bahn Mi Sandwich with Vietnamese Spring Rolls and Vietnamese Iced Coffee from the My Lai Deli.
                                              Wednesday/Thursday----Homemade pulled pork with Carolina Piedmont -style Vinegar sauce on a hamburger bun with cole slaw on it (well, 3 of them each day.......)and a Pepsi Lemon Twist.
                                              Friday----Garlic Shrimp and Pineapple Spicy Chicken with Chow Mein Noodle and a Coke.

Have a happy weekend everyone!

jessicazee

RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Sat, 08/16/03 8:14 PM (permalink)
                                                From Trocadero in Milwaukee:
                                                -Provence omelet (asparagus, tomatoes, mushroom with some gooey cheese inside, topped with chive aioli
                                                -roasted potatoes
                                                -country wheat toast
                                                -kir

Then a snack of some good aged goat cheese with an ash layer & some blueberries.

ocdreamr

• Total Posts: 1109
                                                  RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Sat, 08/16/03 9:54 PM (permalink)
                                                  For the second day in a row I had a real homemade BLT

toasted bread - multi grain
                                                  lots of mayo, a little salt n'peppa,
                                                  thick slice of local tomato,
                                                  slice of sharp cheese,
                                                  lots of bacon,
                                                  romaine lettuce
                                                  served with bread & butter pickles

I just wish you could somehow wrap these up & keep them for a gray winter day, sigh

hermitt4d

• Total Posts: 367
                                                    RE: What Did You Have For Lunch Today? Mon, 08/18/03 9:23 PM (permalink)
                                                    Thursday - Double Cheeseburger at Pete's Fine Meats - great burger, juiciest I've had in a long time; fresh and hot off the grill. I'm sure they grind their own meats; hand-formed patty.

Friday - chopped bbq beef sandwich at Burns BBQ. Very tasty. I've been hearing about this place for about a year and finally found it (I'm terrible at reading maps). Very mild sauce, similar to Otto's. Verrrrrrrry messy. They actually give you a plastic spoon along with the sandwich. Wanted to sample the ribs but couldn't make out the terminology on their menu to get the smallest order. Didn't need them anyway - I was full. Still, when it comes to bbq sandwiches, I think I prefer pulled pork to chopped beef.

Saturday - meant to go to Otilia's for chilis en nogados, but opted for the long drive (40mi or so round trip) to Burns for some ribs. Got delayed by a major traffic accident and bad weather and took the easy way out - another Double Cheeseburger at Pete's.

Sunday - Cleburne cafeteria - blackened catfish, broccoli, greens, custard pie. Superior cafeteria food.

Monday - chicken fried steak fingers at Smithhart's Downtown Grill, Lake Jackson. My fav way to eat cfs these days. Real roundsteak, not the stringy, tenderized cutlet most places use for cfs, pounded thin, cut in 1" wide strips about 8" long, battered and fried and served with real cream gravy and a pile of fries. This place has very limited hours so I don't get to eat there very often. Wish I could find a place in Houston that serves cfs fingers this good.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                      Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 56 of 56

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                      • No New Messages
                                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                      • Read Message
                                                      • Post New Thread
                                                      • Reply to message
                                                      • Post New Poll
                                                      • Submit Vote
                                                      • Post reward post
                                                      • Delete my own posts
                                                      • Delete my own threads
                                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com