The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 Judging the best Burger

Author Message
LuckyLabrador

  • Total Posts: 583
  • Joined: 2/6/2007
  • Location: Green Valley, CA
Judging the best Burger Mon, 04/30/07 12:00 PM (permalink)
I firmly believe the ONLY way to judge what burger is worthy of superstar status, is to eat it PLAIN, no cheese, ketchup, any condiments at all. A great Burger that can stand on it's own, is as good as any steak, IMHO!
 
#1
    Bushie

    • Total Posts: 2902
    • Joined: 4/21/2001
    • Location: Round Rock, TX
    RE: Judging the best Burger Fri, 05/4/07 1:30 AM (permalink)
    I see where you're coming from, but I think some grilled onions would make it better. Nothing else would be needed.
     
    #2
      Pwingsx

      • Total Posts: 2170
      • Joined: 5/15/2003
      • Location: Somewhere in time...and Colorado
      RE: Judging the best Burger Fri, 05/4/07 5:09 PM (permalink)
      The really great burger is made to bring out the fresh taste of the condiments. Stack 'em however you want!
       
      #3
        LuckyLabrador

        • Total Posts: 583
        • Joined: 2/6/2007
        • Location: Green Valley, CA
        RE: Judging the best Burger Sun, 05/6/07 1:08 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Bushie

        I see where you're coming from, but I think some grilled onions would make it better. Nothing else would be needed.



        I absolutely agree with you and Pwingsx, first though, IMHO, you should try 1, naked, how you dress it after that, will only make it better. Trying to figure out if a burger is great, when it's loaded down with the works, is like truing to determine if a woman has a great figure when she's wearing a Full length Mink coat.
         
        #4
          Jennifer_4

          • Total Posts: 1508
          • Joined: 9/19/2000
          • Location: Fresno, CA
          RE: Judging the best Burger Sun, 05/6/07 1:49 PM (permalink)
          I feel the same way about hot dogs.. my fave, Nathan's, needs no condiments at all IMHO, but I've yet to find a hamburger that doesn't benefit from a little something..
           
          #5
            Rick F.

            • Total Posts: 1736
            • Joined: 8/16/2002
            • Location: Natchitoches, LA
            RE: Judging the best Burger Sun, 05/6/07 2:10 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by LuckyLabrador

            I absolutely agree with you and Pwingsx, first though, IMHO, you should try 1, naked, how you dress it after that, will only make it better. Trying to figure out if a burger is great, when it's loaded down with the works, is like truing to determine if a woman has a great figure when she's wearing a Full length Mink coat.
            Any woman wearing a full-length mink has ipso facto a great figure, since that means she can afford to support me in the style to which I would like to become accustomed. Burgers likewise: start 'em nekkid, then dress 'em sparingly!
             
            #6
              LuckyLabrador

              • Total Posts: 583
              • Joined: 2/6/2007
              • Location: Green Valley, CA
              RE: Judging the best Burger Wed, 05/9/07 5:43 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Rick F.

              quote:
              Originally posted by LuckyLabrador

              I absolutely agree with you and Pwingsx, first though, IMHO, you should try 1, naked, how you dress it after that, will only make it better. Trying to figure out if a burger is great, when it's loaded down with the works, is like truing to determine if a woman has a great figure when she's wearing a Full length Mink coat.
              Any woman wearing a full-length mink has ipso facto a great figure, since that means she can afford to support me in the style to which I would like to become accustomed. Burgers likewise: start 'em nekkid, then dress 'em sparingly!


              Matter of fact, it would help greatly if she started with at least 8 figures!
               
              #7
                Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

                Jump to:

                Current active users

                There are 0 members and 1 guests.

                Icon Legend and Permission

                • New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

                2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com