The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Automatic Renewal of Insider Account

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35
ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
RE: Automatic Renewal of Insider Account Tue, 09/16/08 2:42 PM (permalink)
What's really unfair is that I end up getting charged for 5 days that I have no ACCESS for!
(I certainly don't care about that 50 cents worth, but it's just a TIME issue; why should my subcription be considered RENEWED, but yet I cannot access it for 5 days due to PAY PAL?!?

There should be a Roadfood Insider "grace period" of a week, so our INSIDER service will NOT get INTERRUPTED ! There should be NO LAPSE(in other words, if my subscriptions automatically renews on the 20th, don't cancel the old one till the 25th, so us Pay Pal suckers won't lose 5 days worth)

Anybody care out there in Roadfood.com adminstrator land?!?
I've been so active with all these Trip Report pic posting, maybe a little too much so..

Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle

• Total Posts: 1350
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Automatic Renewal of Insider Account Tue, 09/16/08 3:31 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ellen4641

What's really unfair is that I end up getting charged for 5 days that I have no ACCESS for!
    (I certainly don't care about that 50 cents worth, but it's just a TIME issue; why should my subcription be considered RENEWED, but yet I cannot access it for 5 days due to PAY PAL?!?

There should be a Roadfood Insider "grace period" of a week, so our INSIDER service will NOT get INTERRUPTED ! There should be NO LAPSE(in other words, if my subscriptions automatically renews on the 20th, don't cancel the old one till the 25th, so us Pay Pal suckers won't lose 5 days worth)

Anybody care out there in Roadfood.com adminstrator land?!?
    I've been so active with all these Trip Report pic posting, maybe a little too much so..

I care!

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
      RE: Automatic Renewal of Insider Account Tue, 09/16/08 5:15 PM (permalink)
      thank you, Bruce!!

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
        RE: Automatic Renewal of Insider Account Tue, 09/16/08 8:14 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by David_NYC

Can't sleep? Need a laugh? Want to read some side-splitting funny stories, inuendo, shill postings, BS, rumor, propaganda, word on the street, product bashing, naysaying, helpful hints? Go over to NoPayPal.com.

I suggest dont go over there.
        I just tried to look at it, and had to reformat my PC cuz its link did something really rotten to my pc. Totally froze my pc and then I got the blue screen of death several times. Finally had to just say screw it and format.
        A couple hours later, now I can finally use my pc. NO Thanks for the suggestion. I suggest NO ONE ELSE go to that site.
        I am pissed..

David_NYC

• Total Posts: 2162
          RE: Automatic Renewal of Insider Account Wed, 09/17/08 6:15 PM (permalink)
          Roossy,
          I am so sorry to hear that you had problems while over at that site critical of PayPal. When I saw your post, I called a friend of mine who works in PC support. His shop has a 'sandbox' computer they use to test suspect sites (they can reload the software into that machine in only a few minutes, and he tells me they have to do it quite often!) He must have tested it 20 hours after you posted your message. He tells me he found nothing amiss, but did not have time to open more than a few message threads. But, there are #%^*^$#^&$ who hack into message boards and upload malicious software there. I was doing a search the other day, and found what looked like a interesing article on the forum of nj.com, run by New Jersey newspapers such as the Star-Ledger, which publishes the Munchmobile New Jersey Hot Dog reports. Well, someone hacked the forum and put in a redirect for a fake scan page. Luckily, my Anti-Virus knew about it and blocked the page. It can happen to all kinds of legitimate web sites. I haven't been to that site critical of PayPal in ages. But, I never had any problems when I went over there. The reason I went there was because friends of mine asked me to help them straighten out problems with PayPal. I found a lot of posts there that told the unvarnished version of how PalPay works. It allowed me to advise my friends about how to go for PayPal's jugular. I don't get called anymore because my friends now avoid PayPal.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
            Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com