The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Diner Breakfast Complaints

Greyghost

• Total Posts: 1336
Diner Breakfast Complaints Sat, 05/26/07 9:32 PM (permalink)
Diner Breakfast Complaints

I have two main complaints with diner breakfasts. The first complaint is about hash browns and home fries.
Seems anywhere I go these days the potatoes come out the same and it does not matter what they label them as. They are always thinly sliced potatoes about half the thickness one would use for scalloped potatoes. Some places try to season them with onion but that is about it. They are neither hash browns or home fries in my book. To me they are thin scalloped potatoes browned quickly on a diner griddle parading as something they are not. It is always a disappointing experience.

My second complaint is about link sausage. Some diners get it right, but many more do not. I love proper link sausage, but the traditional diners in my area are cutting corners to the point of absurdity. The standard in the old style diners, which are the ones I love, is a very thin link cut in half along with another half link. The customer gets a total of one and a half links of very skimpy sausage which is no longer link since it has been cut in half.

Today I went to a glitzy diner that is not really a diner anymore, but more of a restaurant with a seating capacity of over 300 plus. I had my usual, eggs "home fries" sausage links, coffee and toast. The home fries were the horrid sliced potatoes totally unseasoned except for a sprinkling of bland paprika for color, almost inedible. The sausage was very good, however. Two large 3 ounce beauties served whole and wholly good.

Well, these are my diner breakfast complaints, what are yours?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com