The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Does anyone remember Kenny King's?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 36 of 36
BuckeyezRule

• Total Posts: 6
RE: Does anyone remember Kenny King's? Mon, 05/31/10 3:27 AM (permalink)
[color=#c71585 font="ms sans serif"]Glad I'm not going crazy either. lol I'm from NE Ohio, but now in Utah. I was talking about Kenny Kings today w/ my hubby, from east, south-central Ohio (Martins Ferry) , & he had no idea what I was talking about. My Mom called KFC Kenny Kings...........I think she still does. =) Thanks for the message behind it. BTW, I was born in suburb of Akron, Barberton, mid 70's.

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
    RE: Does anyone remember Kenny King's? Mon, 05/31/10 10:16 AM (permalink)
    Yes, I remember that, and Allen Sherman, though i don't recall that particular song.
    i remember Stan Freeberg too,Doctor Demento used to play him and Sherman on his show,as well as Pro fessor Tom Lehr , who did such songs as Pollution,Poisoning Pigeons in the Park(loved the violin version).My Home Town, Smut,etc.
    Doctor Demento's still on, but no San Antonio radio station carries him, bummer.
    By the way Tom Lehr was a real professor at MIT.

hamman56

• Total Posts: 1
      Re:Does anyone remember Kenny King's? Thu, 04/21/11 5:46 PM (permalink)
      Kenny Kings was a regional brand of Kentucky Fried Chicken, like Manners was a regional name for Ohio's  "Big Boy" restaurants.  I am in my mid fifties and remember both.

timmy57

• Total Posts: 2
        Re:Does anyone remember Kenny King's? Sat, 04/30/11 3:38 PM (permalink)
        My grandfather used to take me to Manners in Akron over by the Rubber Bowl. We used to go on the friday night all you could eat fish. I remember how perfectly cooked they were and the shape, which is much different than what Big Boy serves today. I used to put away quite a few for my young age. Wish I could relive that time again, that's how good it was.

timmy57

• Total Posts: 2
          Re:Does anyone remember Kenny King's? Sat, 04/30/11 3:48 PM (permalink)
          Does anyone remember Thatcher's in Akron ? Went there in the 60's. They had the best hamburgers around.

JohnBatt

• Total Posts: 1
            Re:Does anyone remember Kenny King's? Sat, 03/31/12 5:03 PM (permalink)
            One of my brothers went to school with one of Kenny King's grandsons (Christ the King, in East Cleveland). Here's the story: When Col. Sanders first started his Kentucky Fried Chicken business, he sold the rights to his chicken to any number of regional restaurants. It started out as just one or items on a local menu, but in the case of Kenny King's restaurants, the rest of the business faded into obscurity and Kenny King's WAS Kentucky Fried Chicken. The family held all the rights to KFC in northeast Ohio for decades before either the rights expired or KFC bought them back (not sure which). As Col. Sanders business grew, he started opening his own restaurants, but initially it was the local franchisees that built his business.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
              Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 36 of 36

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com