The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

I-75 Ft. Lauderdale to Michigan

erinleigh

• Total Posts: 1
I-75 Ft. Lauderdale to Michigan Sat, 03/15/03 10:41 AM (permalink)
I'm doing a three day trip up to Midland, Michigan via I-75 mostly, although I am detouring through Nashville. What's good roadfood along the way? I'm totally open to going off the main roads if the food is great.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
    RE: I-75 Ft. Lauderdale to Michigan Sat, 03/15/03 12:27 PM (permalink)
    Any Waffle House.

Michael Stern

RE: I-75 Ft. Lauderdale to Michigan Sun, 03/16/03 4:51 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by erinleigh

I'm doing a three day trip up to Midland, Michigan via I-75 mostly, although I am detouring through Nashville. What's good roadfood along the way? I'm totally open to going off the main roads if the food is great.

Well, Nashville is a bonanza. Do a search for all restaurants in Tennessee here at www.roadfood.com and you'll find plenty there. At the top of my list would be[url='http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=97']The Elliston Place Soda Shop[/url], [url='http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=464']Rotier's[/url], [url='http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=472']Sylvan Park[/url], and [url='http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=198']The Loveless Cafe[/url].

Farther South, along I-75, the places I'd want to hit include: Len Berg's and Nu-Way Wieners in Macon, GA; and if you go down the Gulf Coast of Florida, The Branch Ranch in Plant City, and any of the great Cuban places in Ybor City (Tampa), including La Teresita and one, I believe, named The Columbia.

Please post what you find!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: I-75 Ft. Lauderdale to Michigan Sun, 03/16/03 12:00 PM (permalink)
        ErinLeigh
        In addition to the supurb 'RoadFood' series (subtle kissup) we always pack along a copy of "ALONG INTERSTATE 75" by Dave Hunter. It says it is an annual publication..200+ pages, softback/spiralbound available at Amazon on-line. This is a combination of 'TripTik style maps with running commentary and points of interest and food/rest stops along I-75....and VERY casual AAA style write-ups of places worth sidetripping to. Probably to late for this trip for you, but if you want a good guide, this one is a dandy.

mschaffel

• Total Posts: 2
          RE: I-75 Ft. Lauderdale to Michigan Tue, 04/29/03 1:22 AM (permalink)
          thanks Michael for info on Len Berg's. on the way from Miami to Nashville I detoured to Berg's in Macon for lunch. I was not disappointed.

What you don't mentioned in your blurb on Berg is their incredible fried apple slices...lightly coated with sugar crystals....they rock the house!

I chased it all with their fantastic strawberry shortcake (w/ an extra for the road). I haven't had a better shortcake.

Thanks again...

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com