The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

All the beer you can drink for one low price !!

chriscubva

• Total Posts: 118
All the beer you can drink for one low price !! Thu, 06/21/07 3:11 AM (permalink)
Here in Denver we have a bar called the Denver Wrangler. Only a few blocks from the 16th Street Mall downtown. Every Sunday afternoon they do a thing called the "beer bust". For $7 you are given a cup and with that cup you can drink all the beer you want. Hardly a choice ( only Bud Light on draft ) but still its all the beer you can drink. The Wranger has several people whose job it is to walk around the bar with pitchers of beer and if your cup is empty, they pour the beer right into your cup. In other words, for the most part the bar comes to you. Its a pretty big event. One weekend I heard nearly 600 people were there to drink. This goes on from 4pm until 8pm. Any other places across the country do this?

I know back in my hometown in Winchester, Virginia we had a bar called Belle Starr that did just that. One of the radio stations there WFQX-FM sponsored a "drink nite" for $5 you can have all the mix drinks you want ( $3 for unlimted beer ). It was only a one night a week event. It was a success for both Belle Starr and WFQX.
That is until after one event several kids came in with fake IDs, spent hours drinking the discounted beer and mix drinks only to leave the bar and get involved in a horrible car accident. All 5 kids were burned to death. Belle Starr of course found themselves into a hell of a lot of trouble. Not only for serving minors booze but by having an "all you can drink" nite. If I remember correctly ( this was well over ten years ago ) , such an event is illegal in Virginia.

On the flip side is Colorado. Not only is it NOT illegal but according to a friend of mine who works with the Denver police, even some of his co-workers attend this "beer bust". After work of course.
He was telling me he has yet to hear about any drunk driving incidents that have taken place as a direct result of the beer bust at the Wrangler. Then again between the bar's very small parking lot, being downtown and Denver's massive public transportation network called "The Ride" ( city buses and Light Rail ), I am sure most of the customers either walk or take "The Ride" to this and leave the cars at home.

OH BTW..Belle Starr did not last much longer after the crash as they lost their liquor license. They tried to be a family restaurant but that didnt work out.

Neither did WFQX as they soon changed formats and fired most of their staff.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com