Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop?

Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 121 to 139 of 139
leethebard

• Total Posts: 6086
RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Mon, 10/27/08 1:31 AM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by drpep

quote:
Originally posted by leethebard

...but nothing under the "Cott" name,correct?!

Cott branded product in 4 pack glass bottles should still be around. Some Walmarts had them last year.

thanks for the tip, drpep..I'll give Wallmart a check.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15075
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Mon, 11/3/08 9:03 AM (permalink)

Well, Here Is An Update Bulletin !

" MAYOR VETO"S BLENHEIM SODA" !!

At this weeks BBQ get together in the Nashville area, The Sundancer gave two bottles of Blenheim Ginger Ale (Hot) to the Mayor so he could finally taste this beverage. While grateful to our frind for the donation, we found the beverage lacking in 'Ginger Ale' flavor. It is unique, but it ain't Ginger Ale !!

We took the two bottles home, chilled them well and later on Sunday Janet and I opened them up. It does have a strong Peppery Burn, and a taste that reminds me of Lemon-Pepper more than of Ginger Ale.

I don't think I would buy anymore of this one...Especially at $7.50 a six-pack !! IMHO RED ROCK from Atlanta is a far better Ginger Ale !!

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
      RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Mon, 11/3/08 9:09 AM (permalink)
      another Holy Grail that doesn't match up to the expectation. Oh well, thanks for taking one for the team, mayor.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
        RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Mon, 11/3/08 7:20 PM (permalink)

Bill

It may just be personal taste...but I tried the second one and it was really like a Lemon Pepper aftertaste. Maybe some of you Carolina/Georgia folks who have test both Blenheim and Red Rock will speak up.

I really like the Red Rock. To the taster who knows Vernors. Red Rock has that stronger Ginger taste and aftertase, but it is much less sugary sweet (than Vernors) and has a MUCH stronger "Burn" as you swallow it. Not Pepper taste...Burn from the Ginger.

Sundancer7

RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Mon, 11/3/08 7:53 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Well, Here Is An Update Bulletin !

" MAYOR VETO"S BLENHEIM SODA" !!

At this weeks BBQ get together in the Nashville area, The Sundancer gave two bottles of Blenheim Ginger Ale (Hot) to the Mayor so he could finally taste this beverage. While grateful to our frind for the donation, we found the beverage lacking in 'Ginger Ale' flavor. It is unique, but it ain't Ginger Ale !!

We took the two bottles home, chilled them well and later on Sunday Janet and I opened them up. It does have a strong Peppery Burn, and a taste that reminds me of Lemon-Pepper more than of Ginger Ale.

I don't think I would buy anymore of this one...Especially at $7.50 a six-pack !! IMHO RED ROCK from Atlanta is a far better Ginger Ale !!

Sorry Al that you did not like it but is was for free. I bought it for you. Perhaps I can do better next time.

Paul E. Smith
          Knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
            RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Mon, 11/3/08 8:43 PM (permalink)
            I appreciate your giving me the opportunity to form an honest opinion about that stuff, Sundancer !! I will return the favor with some local goodies in the near future!

nut_meg1982

• Total Posts: 3
              RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Fri, 11/7/08 12:25 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by IansMom

What about Ale-8-One?

Ok, so I'm live in TN and am driving to MI for Christmas. Everyone their wants me to bring them back Ale 8 One...So...do you know how much they are? I know you can get them at Wallmart. Let me know if you would!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Fri, 11/7/08 12:44 PM (permalink)
                Nut meg see my post on the other thread you posted.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                  RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Tue, 11/11/08 6:55 PM (permalink)
                  Here are a couple of update notes that may be of interest to some of you...
                  1. Ale 8 One sells for $4.50 a 12 pk of 12 oz cans at many of the local grocery stores in the Louisville area. Liquor Barn also stocks the glass bottle 6-packs selling for about the same price.

2. We tried some Sprecher's RAVIN' RED" Soda today. (Received 2 'four-packs' from my daughter!). It is a highly carbonated Soda with Cherry and Cranberry flavors mixed together. It is extremely mild and show's it's sweet Cherry Base rather than the tart Cranberry. We found it very foamy and underflavored. We will use this as a mixer for some holiday drinks, but not for sippin' on a hot summer day!

eatsandclimbs

• Total Posts: 5
                    RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Wed, 11/12/08 1:51 PM (permalink)
                    Thanks for the good read folks. (Ok, I didn't read it all)

I am a huge fan of soda pop and I'm having a blast trying all the regional sodas I stumble across while driving around the US.

Saranac Ginger Beer in NY was excellent.

I got the NEHI orange in a bottle here in VA, and it was good, but not outstanding.

Cheerwine from the glass bottle in western NC was excellent, the plastic bottle not so much.

I think the other cherry one I found in NC was called Dr. Enuf, but it wasn't nearly as good as Cheerwine.

I was always more of a rootbeer, dr. pepper, or cherry coke drinker when I was a kid, until Mt. Dew stole my heart as a teenager. But even at a young age I enjoyed Squirt. Sprite and 7-up have always been too bland for my palate.

Mt. Dew is still my favorite by far, but the local east KY Ale-8-1 is mighty delicious.

Fresca here (USA) in the cans is worthless (too bland), but in Costa Rica from a bottle it was delicious... perhaps the real sugar differnce, but to me it tasted more like squirt tastes here. Perfect for a hot summer day.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                      RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Wed, 11/12/08 2:31 PM (permalink)
                      Welcome to Roadfood, Eats & Climbs !

Since you're in MN, next time you head thru Wisconsin Test the Sprechers labels. We've tried most of the flavors and will seek out the (regular) Root Beer and Cherry Cola everytime we are in the area.

I gotta find some Red Rock Ginger Ale (Atlanta) It's pretty expensive to mail-order, but it is the Best "Hot" Ginger Ale I have ever tasted!

I also need a MOXIE Fix soon. I love the original flavor Moxie!

eatsandclimbs

• Total Posts: 5
                        RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Wed, 11/12/08 2:47 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Welcome to Roadfood, Eats & Climbs !

Since you're in MN, next time you head thru Wisconsin Test the Sprechers labels. We've tried most of the flavors and will seek out the (regular) Root Beer and Cherry Cola everytime we are in the area.

I gotta find some Red Rock Ginger Ale (Atlanta) It's pretty expensive to mail-order, but it is the Best "Hot" Ginger Ale I have ever tasted!

I also need a MOXIE Fix soon. I love the original flavor Moxie!

Thanks Al,

I'm actually still in the western VA area right now.. unfortunately, "on the road" wasn't a choice for "location."

When I passed through Wisconsin last I think I only bought Leinies Honey Weiss. (if you're a beer drinker give it a try next time you're there in the summer.)

I might be passing through the Atlanta area soon, so I'll keep an eye out for the Red Rock Ginger Ale.

As for the Moxie, you can keep that, I'll have another Ale-8-1.

drpep

• Total Posts: 335
                          RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Wed, 11/12/08 3:01 PM (permalink)

Originally posted by eatsandclimbs

Cheerwine from the glass bottle in western NC was excellent, the plastic bottle not so much.

One reason the glass bottle Cheerwine tasted better was because it was made with cane sugar unlike the plastic bootle made with corn syrup.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                            RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Fri, 02/20/09 11:48 AM (permalink)
                            Just in Time!! Our local market has Vernor's and Diet Vernors 12 packs of cans going at the same rate that the Coke (on sale) cans are going for this week...3/$10. The usual price for Vernors here is $4.50 a 12 pack, so this is a bargain !! I will stock up on the regular and get one or two of the Diet for Jan.

I really like Vernor's as a mixer.

starfire62

• Total Posts: 220
                              RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Fri, 02/20/09 5:04 PM (permalink)
                              for all the people who grew up in the buffalo area.we had a local brand called visniks.it was so good used to have a lemon lime pop that was green in color and was real good. i think they went out of business in the early 80's
                              <message edited by starfire62 on Fri, 02/20/09 5:08 PM>

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Fri, 02/27/09 8:11 PM (permalink)
                                Janet made up a Root Beer Float this evening. She used a Bottle of the "DANG" BUTTERSCOTCH ROOT BEER we got last Fall from Anne in Milwaukee.
                                  The float was outstanding. That is a very interesting and "different" Root Beer.

OTR Truckin

• Total Posts: 1
                                  Re:What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Mon, 03/9/09 1:38 PM (permalink)
                                  you forgot A-Treat!!

EastNewYork

• Total Posts: 1
                                    Re:What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Mon, 11/23/09 12:31 PM (permalink)
                                    Cocoa Cream from Dr. Browns
                                    Black Cerry from Hammer Soda
                                    Cola from Croen Beverages
                                    Coco Rico-Coconut soda don't remember the supplier
                                    Expresso Original by Manhattan Special
                                    Orange soda from Liberty Beverages
                                    Ginger Ale from Canada Dry
                                    Royal Crown Cola

rokelemaster

• Total Posts: 9
                                      RE: What's Your Favorite Regional Soda/Pop? Mon, 11/23/09 12:49 PM (permalink)
                                      Here in WV, Stewarts has a identity. I enjoy their grape soda, Ale-8-One has slowly been coming east from central KY. It has now crossed he Big Sandy River. It doesn't do much for me.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                        Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 121 to 139 of 139

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                        • No New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                        • Read Message
                                        • Post New Thread
                                        • Reply to message
                                        • Post New Poll
                                        • Submit Vote
                                        • Post reward post
                                        • Delete my own posts
                                        • Delete my own threads
                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com