The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Michael's Kitchen - Taos, New Mexico

ledebard57

• Total Posts: 1
Michael's Kitchen - Taos, New Mexico Sat, 06/23/07 9:51 PM (permalink)
On Friday, June 23 while driving back from Colorado to Dallas, TX my husband and I decided to go thru Taos, New Mexico.

It was lunchtime and, since we didn't have breakfast, we were both starving. While driving into the main part of town right before reaching the main plaza (Pueblo Lane), I noticed a restaurant called Michael's Kitchen that was absolutely packed. I told my husband let's stop there....it must be good.

I'm happy to report that it was wonderful!!! Though the restaurant was absolutely packed, we didn't have to wait long (while we waited I learned that the restaurant had been in existence for 30 years). The efficient staff brought our drinks and a few minutes later a very nice gentleman took our order.

I had the flautas (beef)....they were wonderful, crispy and ungreasy and served with sour cream, lettuce, guacamole, cheese and lots of tomatoes (just the way I like) with tasty pinto beans and wonderful tomatoey rice (sometimes Mexican rice can be so bland....this wasn't.

My husband had a stuffed sopapilla -- it had ground beef, beans, onion and his choice of sauces (he chose the red). I had a bite....it was ooey, cheesy, spicy and delicious. His meal also had the rice and beans.

The best part of the meal were the wonderful, hot, fresh sopapillas with honey butter. They were the best I've ever had!!!

Our meal was about $20, so it was very reasonable.

We both hope to return to Taos and eat at Michael's!!!

desertdog

• Total Posts: 1946
    RE: Michael's Kitchen - Taos, New Mexico Mon, 06/25/07 9:54 AM (permalink)

Sounds like a great place to eat. Here's a link to the restaurant web site with menu and history, etc.

http://www.michaelskitchen.com/history.html

I'll put that on my list of places to try when I get up that way. Thanks for the tip!

DD

rouxdog

• Total Posts: 1421
      RE: Michael's Kitchen - Taos, New Mexico Mon, 06/25/07 1:00 PM (permalink)
      lededard57, welcome to Roadfood!
      I totally agree with your great report on MICHAELS KITCHEN in Taos. Also, they "put their money where their mouth is", so to speak. They are good contributing citizens!
      Ole Rouxdog

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com