The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Best Flat, Krispy and Tasty

mtz_rox

• Total Posts: 1
Best Flat, Krispy and Tasty Wed, 07/4/07 12:39 AM (permalink)
I grew up and live in Decatur, Illinois. I have been all over and done the road food recommendations. But none of the hamburgers we have tried have gotten the Flat Krispy burgers right. Almost all we tried are not krispy, they try to get them flat, or get them just a little krispy. Well in Decatur, Illinois, there is a place called KREKELS. The outer half inch of these burgers are KRISPY, u know the fried grease, mmmmmmmm. Do simple cheese, and it melts in to the burger almost as 1 and they mash the bun down. The fries are almost like shoe string fries. the cool thing about this place is that the grease must be all original, dont know how else they can recreate this flavor. They also have the best hot fudge shake. GIANT. weve tried the ones in Moline, IL at some famous ice cream place up there, but they dont compare. Burgers are real meat nothing frozen. The real cool thing is the CHICKEN cars. They have these cars that are like giant chickens.

SUZIE65

• Total Posts: 1
    RE: Best Flat, Krispy and Tasty Mon, 07/30/07 3:57 PM (permalink)
    It always seems to be the small towns that produce the best food. It doesn't matter if they are famous. Illinois just does it right! Krispy sounds really good!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com