HERD's Hamburgers Best in Texas?

Author
desertdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1946
2007/07/08 20:16:45 (permalink)

HERD's Hamburgers Best in Texas?

Has anyone eaten at this place? The reason I am asking is that I have a place I frequent here in the Phoenix Area that Has Herd's Style Burgers, absolutley one of my favorites! But have not "herd" of anyone on this forum ever talk about 'em. SOMEBODY has to had had one...

Got this from a good biker website:

HERD'S BURGERS
400 N. Main Street
Jacksboro, Texas
The world's best hamburger is still at Herd's Hamburgers. It's on your way from the courthouse out the road to Wichita Falls, or Henrietta. The present owner is the son of the founders: Jess and Mary Herd. They began the little one-room hamburger stand back in the '40s, or even maybe the late '30s, and it's been in operation ever since. Thousands of satisfied customers would agree that Herd's is the BEST anywhere! (Submitted by a non-biker)

BIKER REVIEW: The burgers are EXCELLENT! They don't serve fries, just burgers and chips. Also be aware that their seating space inside is VERY limited and their parking lot is gravel. It's well worth the stop, but it may be best to park in the church parking lot directly across the street. It's a great place for lunch on a mild day, but not one for bad conditions with outdoor seating.

http://www.dfwfreedomriders.org/bikergourmet.html

DD

20 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1