The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory!

Foxyfishy14

• Total Posts: 192
Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Fri, 07/13/07 2:03 PM (permalink)
Hi Everyone..I'm just wondering out there if anyone has a favorite Sweet or Savory Frozen Snack? Any that you liked and they got discontinued? Anyone have a great recipe that they incorporate a favorite frozen snack into?

My choice for Sweet: Smuckers Uncrustables...in the pb and grape jelly variety. These little mini sandwiches are frozen...but when you defrost them for about 45 mins...the bread is SO soft and the filling inside is delicious! The box never stays full in my freezer for more than a few days!

My choice for Savory: Poppers Brand Cheddar Jalapeno Poppers!

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
    RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Fri, 07/13/07 3:54 PM (permalink)
    Jenos Pizza Rolls.

rongmtek

• Total Posts: 503
      RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Fri, 07/13/07 8:14 PM (permalink)
      My mother loved chocolate and made a killer sour cream chocolate cake. She always liked eating it frozen even better than fresh. I don't mean defrosted after being frozen, I mean in its frozen state.
      I have come to like it that way, too. And frozen brownies are pretty damn good, too, especially with walnuts.

cybele

• Total Posts: 74
        RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Sat, 07/14/07 1:50 PM (permalink)
        I know it sounds really weird, but I eat frozen corn and frozen peas as a snack in the summer.

Foxyfishy14

RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Mon, 07/16/07 10:08 AM (permalink)
          Wow I'll have to try the frozen brownies! And no...eating frozen corn and peas in the summer isn't weird..I've heard of people eating frozen grapes to keep cool..so why not veggies if that's what you like?

stephiegirl

• Total Posts: 132
            RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Wed, 07/25/07 4:21 PM (permalink)
            I used to love Jello Gelatin Pops, especially the cherry ones. They were so smooth tasting. The Pudding pops were pretty good too. I see they came back out with them, but I haven't tried them.

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
              RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Wed, 07/25/07 4:25 PM (permalink)
              I'm a soft pretzel freak. I liked them better when they were real dough and you had to bake them, now the only one we have(same brand)Super Pretzel, you nuke them. I too like the pizza rolls and I also eat frozen corn and corn on the cob(cooked)as midnight snacks.

Foxyfishy14

RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Thu, 07/26/07 10:43 AM (permalink)
                Oh Stephiegirl...I LOVED the Jello Gelatin Pops...I had forgotten all about them! They were so smooth and tasty! As far as the pudding pops are concerned...they have brought them back but they look like regular fudgesicles (the shape as I remember it used to be more of a flat pop...not its more long and square like a regular popsicle)...while the chocolate is very good, the chocolate-vanilla swirl is quite gross. I haven't ventured onto the straight vanilla flavor yet.

Rusty: I really enjoy soft pretzels too! Have you tried the Super Pretzel bits that are filled with cheese? I mean its not "Real" cheese per say...but it sure does taste good when you have that craving : )

HotDogHead

• Total Posts: 665
                  RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Thu, 07/26/07 4:52 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by Foxyfishy14

Oh Stephiegirl...I LOVED the Jello Gelatin Pops...I had forgotten all about them! They were so smooth and tasty! As far as the pudding pops are concerned...they have brought them back but they look like regular fudgesicles (the shape as I remember it used to be more of a flat pop...not its more long and square like a regular popsicle)...while the chocolate is very good, the chocolate-vanilla swirl is quite gross. I haven't ventured onto the straight vanilla flavor yet.

Rusty: I really enjoy soft pretzels too! Have you tried the Super Pretzel bits that are filled with cheese? I mean its not "Real" cheese per say...but it sure does taste good when you have that craving : )

I, too, loved the Jello Gelatin pops (cherry specifically). How I crave one now that you two mentioned them (especially in the hot weather).

The Super Pretzels are good as well. I just had one last night, dipped in warm Cheese Whiz.

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
                    RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Thu, 07/26/07 4:54 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Foxyfishy14

Yes I have, but I need to buy them from Sam's, my household would eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                      RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Thu, 07/26/07 7:31 PM (permalink)
                      Frozen grapes to pop in the moth and cool off,and frozen watermelon chunks instead of ice with a gin and tonic!

Foxyfishy14

RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Fri, 07/27/07 9:52 AM (permalink)
                        Thanks Tiki...my boyfriend loves gin and tonics so I'll have to suggest that too him next time we have cocktails!

Jimeats

• Total Posts: 3175
                          RE: Favorite Frozen Snack?..Sweet or Savory! Fri, 07/27/07 10:40 AM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by tiki

Frozen grapes to pop in the moth and cool off,and frozen watermelon chunks instead of ice with a gin and tonic!
                          White frozen grapes in a glass of white wine are great, keeps the wine cool during a hot summer eve.
                          I buy the bag of Dole frozen mixed fruit sections at Costco. On a hot day such as today just put some in a bowl and snack on them frozen, as I type away. Chow Jim

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com