Cape Cod Trip Report - 6/07

Author
aleswench
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 686
2007/07/24 19:31:09 (permalink)

Cape Cod Trip Report - 6/07

We've been back about a month, but it's all still fresh in my mind. We almost couldn't go this year - Mardi, our dog, had what we thought was a bladder infection and a week 1/2 before our vacation she got diagnosed with this life threatening condition called pyometra. Emergency surgery and $2 grand later she's fine. But we didn't know if she'd recover enough to be kenneled (more like "doggie spa'd", really). She came through like a trooper and all was fine. Thank heavens.

Anyway, I'm going to do a the beginning of the trip first and try to put up three pictures. If they don't load, I don't want to waste the time loading all of them up to Photobucket. So here's a short start.

We left Saturday morning and headed up to Pepe's Pizza for the elusive clam pie. We usually leave that Friday night with a stop over in Mystic, and by the time we get to New Haven they are out of them. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about this clam pie - seafood on pizza?? So we ordered a regular cheese too. Well, let me tell you - everything you hear here about the clam pie is true - it is incredible. Awesome, delicious, fabulous. Go there. Get it. It's not very far off of I-95. Worth the side trip and worth any wait to get in to have it. The cheese pie was wonderful as well - Brick oven delicious.

The sign (duh), the clam pie, and the cheese pie. Ok..the test..let's see if they post correctly....

4 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1