The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Pizza in Oregon

malheureux

• Total Posts: 7
Pizza in Oregon Wed, 07/25/07 9:00 PM (permalink)
Having spent most of my first 50 years in New England, I was weened on a thinner crust Italian pizza - not the Greek style. I finally found a good pie here in OR: "Apizza" in Stayton (approx. 12 miles east of Salem off OR Route 22). Excellent thin crust square pizza (modeled after New Haven apizza joints) made by authentic Nor'easterners. Great ambiance, excellent pizza, and comfortable booths.

Trask

• Total Posts: 114
    RE: Pizza in Oregon Mon, 07/30/07 9:26 AM (permalink)
    Sounds like a winner. I used to go to a place in Corvallis called Cirillos (near 9th & Circle)that was very good. Not sure if it's still there. Recently I went to Apizza Scholls in Portland on 48th & Hawthorn. Excellent NY pies. I want to try Ken's from Ken's Artisans Bakery. His bakery is on NW 21st in Portland but this pizza joint is 304 SE 28th st.

malheureux

• Total Posts: 7
      RE: Pizza in Oregon Mon, 07/30/07 10:26 AM (permalink)
      Haven't tried Cirillo's, but it is still at 9th and Circle. I will try it on your recommendation. American Dream Pizza here in Corvallis was so-so.

DougH Nut

• Total Posts: 15
        RE: Pizza in Oregon Sun, 09/16/07 3:45 AM (permalink)
        As a Portlander, Oregon Pizza is a topic close to my heart.

Apizza Scholls is at the very top of my list.
        Nostrana is very very good wood fired oven pizza, but it is in the pricy range.

Escape From New York (on 23rd, or Trendy Third) was the best in Portland until Apizza Scholls raised the bar. I am still very fond of the place and it's atmosphere and politics, pizzaiolos(?) etc. and you never have to wait very long for a slice or two. Getting into Apizza or Nostrana on the otherhand is a game of strategy.

Hot Lips is not bad. Pizza Schmizza - curiously I've never had a bad experience at their hole in the wall store on the side of the Fox Tower, whereas the experience at every one of their other shops was uniformly bad.

Ken's Artisan has been on my wish list for a while, and it looks as though we may get there this next week.

I've read good things about the Apizza north of Salem (?). It's going on the wish list.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com