The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28

dannybotz

• Total Posts: 357
Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Mon, 07/30/07 6:06 PM (permalink)
Went to Baltimore over the weekend to see the Yanks get their Butts kicked but had an awesome time anyway. Hit the Lex Market, discovered some great street food right outside the stadium, went to Amiccis for Lunch(no pics) and of course what trip would be complete without a stop at the waffle house on the way home!! enjoy...

The Market is big noisy and a lot of fun! Great place to experience some local flavor!

I could make some serious soup with these!

what an assortment of meats!!

Fresh picked nice shot!!

where's Abe Frohman when you need him??

Fresh shaved horseradish??

Look at those !! outstanding!!

Best crabcake ive ever had. We went with the all lump It's 12 bucks but worth every penny. Faidleys rocks!!

More Faidley's

Now thats a line

Angies soulfood Unless Angie is Asian i didnt see her!

Sausage anyone

the street food outside the stadium was amazing!!

Look at that cheesesteak!! What the.....??

nice catch. Couch at the hampton inn across the street from the yards!

Pickles

Sliders

A-Rod!!

Posada and Jeter

Camden Yards!! it is a beautiful place to see a game

Waffle house to finish us off!!

Fresh made batter good stuff!

dannybotz

RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Mon, 07/30/07 6:30 PM (permalink)
    By the way. The ballpark food was kind of dissapointing after hitting all the other spots!!

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
      RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Mon, 07/30/07 8:55 PM (permalink)
      nice pics, dannybotz!
      You're catching on real quick to the roadfood.com spirit!
      Personally , I think this new trip reports thread is the best thing to happen to roadfood.com
      (before, we usually put the pics on the misc/food thread, but this is so much better)

That cheesesteak looks real good to me! Just the way I like it.... just give me some mayonaisse and hot peppers on the side, please.

That's a creative couch at your Hampton Inn.

You got some real good close up photos of A-Rod, etc... not easy to always get....way to go!!

ocdreamr

• Total Posts: 1109
        RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Mon, 07/30/07 9:41 PM (permalink)
        you're making me home sick for a trip to Lexington Market. Maybe sometime this fall..Hmmm

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7407
          • Roadfood Insider
          RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Mon, 07/30/07 9:51 PM (permalink)
          Great report. I'm glad you enjoyed Faidley's. I found them to "ok" not nearly as good as G & M and about 1/3 of the size for the same price.

HotDogHead

• Total Posts: 665
            RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Tue, 07/31/07 2:31 PM (permalink)
            Awesome report! Keep them coming.

KOK

• Total Posts: 333
              RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Tue, 07/31/07 2:39 PM (permalink)
              Excellent report and great pics!

Abe Frohman is the smile ofthe week

Kevin

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3667
                RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Tue, 07/31/07 3:51 PM (permalink)
                Nice report. You made some good choices. I will be glad to go to a game with you anytime

dannybotz

RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Tue, 07/31/07 6:39 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by wanderingjew

Great report. I'm glad you enjoyed Faidley's. I found them to "ok" not nearly as good as G & M and about 1/3 of the size for the same price.

Wow!! where is G&M i am going back down at the end of september and i will def hit that spot!!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                    RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Tue, 07/31/07 7:05 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by dannybotz

quote:
                    Originally posted by wanderingjew

Wow!! where is G&M i am going back down at the end of september and i will def hit that spot!!

G & M is near the BWI Airport in Linthicum Heights.
                    Here's their website
                    [url]www.gandmrestaurant.com/[/url]

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
                      RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Tue, 07/31/07 10:02 PM (permalink)
                      Danny, Wandering Jew and I will be meeting at G&M Sunday evening. Are you planning to join the NJ Hot Dog Tour on September 15th?

dannybotz

RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Tue, 07/31/07 10:06 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by signman

Danny, Wandering Jew and I will be meeting at G&M Sunday evening. Are you planning to join the NJ Hot Dog Tour on September 15th?

I am definitely planning on going! my wife as well. The only hold up would be last minute work schedule, but looking forward to going and meeting some legends of roadfood!!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                          RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Tue, 07/31/07 10:15 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by signman

Signman,

Stevekoe, aka the Travelin' Man will be joining us too. I convinced him to head up from Florida to join me for the Nationals Game on Saturday.

reuben

• Total Posts: 6
                            RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Thu, 08/2/07 1:30 AM (permalink)
                            I work about 1 mile from G&M. Read in a local paper that they're planning a 2 million dollar restoration/upgrade/whatever over the next 8 months or so. From hometownannapolis.com:

G&M Restaurant to get $2 million makeover : Eatery popular for crab cakes to add lounge, waiting area

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By GRANT HUANG, Staff Writer

The crab cakes at G&M Restaurant in Linthicum have aged gracefully over the past three decades, but the facilities haven't.
                            The storefront is faded and dusty, the kitchen painfully cramped and the dining areas frequently so packed that lines form outside for up to an hour at a time.

To address these deficiencies, the restaurant began a $2 million makeover this week, which will add 2,000 square feet of space for a new lounge, bathrooms, waiting area and a larger kitchen. Other areas will be remodeled and the facade will be overhauled, said George Ieromonahos, manager and part owner.

Though contractors are already busy measuring among the throngs of lunchtime patrons, major construction and demolition won't start until late September.

"We see about 2,000 people a day," Mr. Ieromonahos said. "We don't want to inconvenience any customers."

That's why G&M is planning to stay open during the entire process, which will be completed in three phases over the next six to eight months.

The project will be funded internally, with no outside loans or investments, said Mr. Ieromonahos, who bought the business with partner John Zoulis in 1993.

"G&M has been very successful and very tightly run over the last 15 years," he said.

He praised his entire staff, many of them longtime veterans, for the restaurant's popularity.

The G&M building belonged to Michael N. Stavlas, one of the restaurant's founders, until Mr. Ieromonahos and partners acquired it in 2001.

The first phase will see the addition of the new lounge, bathrooms and waiting area, which Mr.

Ieromonahos hopes will reduce the number of customers who have to wait outside. During the second phase, the kitchen will be expanded and moved to the approximate center of the restaurant. The last phase will consist of remodeling the current lounge and banquet rooms, Mr. Ieromonahos said.

Customers welcomed news of the improvements.

"I think it's fantastic," said John Fendley, a Millersville resident who said he's been a G&M patron for 30 years. "My wife and I, we'd love to come by every time we're in the area, but you just can't get in sometimes."

Dick Lyons of Arbutus, who said he's been going to G&M as long as he can remember, agreed.

"It's going to be great," he said. "I know (the owners) have been wanting to do this for a long time."

The current G&M building has 8,000 square feet of space, with another 6,000 square feet of space in the building next door. That structure is used mainly to prepare and store food, though it also houses crab cakes for shipping around the country, Mr. Ieromonahos said.

It's a sign of the restaurant's relentless growth; though owned by G&M, the preparation building had been leased out to several businesses, including a florist's shop, a doctor's office and a mortgage company.

"We had to tell them to leave," said Mr. Ieromonahos. "We just needed more space."

Fortunately, the restaurant's faded exterior and crowded interior have done little to stem the constant flow of customers.

"People love this place," said Marty Williams, a floor manager at G&M that's been with the restaurant for 23 years. "It doesn't deter them, the building."

But, odd as it may seem, G&M's popularity might actually be hindering its growth, in the larger picture.

"Parking is the biggest issue here," Mr. Ieromonahos said. "That's the reason we don't really advertise. Why do it? To bring more people down here, where they can't find any place to park?"

He estimated about 15 parking spaces will be obstructed temporarily over the course of the renovation. Expanding the parking lot itself is still an issue under discussion with county officials, Mr. Ieromonahos said.

But even parking hassles are unlikely to stop regulars from stopping by, Mr. Lyons said.

"I've been to places that have been really run down but have great food," he said. "If you have great food, people will come out. The proof is in the business."

mollydingle

• Total Posts: 221
                              RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Mon, 08/13/07 1:25 PM (permalink)
                              Thanks for sharing! We'll be there in 3 weeks. Looks like you had a great time. We'd go to a game with you, even if you're under the spell of the Evil Empire...

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                RE: Baltimore/Lex Market/Camden Yards/7/28 Tue, 08/14/07 8:29 AM (permalink)
                                Wonderful!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                  • No New Messages
                                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                                  • Read Message
                                  • Post New Thread
                                  • Reply to message
                                  • Post New Poll
                                  • Submit Vote
                                  • Post reward post
                                  • Delete my own posts
                                  • Delete my own threads
                                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com