The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Posting Pictures - A How To

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
  • Roadfood Insider
Posting Pictures - A How To Fri, 08/17/07 11:44 AM (permalink)
I’ve seen many people ask about how to upload and post their photos on Roadfood.
So here’s a simple tutorial, along with pictures.

First off, you need someplace to store your photos. If you’re a Roadfood Insider (http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2401), you have a place here to store. For others there are plenty of places to store them at no charge. I use Flickr (www.flickr.com) which is a free service, and I’ll be using for my demonstration here. Other sites include www.photobucket.com or http://imageshack.us/

After you’ve taken your pictures and uploaded them to your storage site, you’re ready to proceed.

Please note, I’m using Flickr and other sites may vary, but the following should give you a good basic idea..

Once I uploaded my picture to Flickr, I clicked on the picture then clicked on the “All Sizes” button.

Next I selected the size I wanted, which was medium in this case. You don’t want the pic too large, otherwise you have to scroll left and right to read and view everything. I prefer to keep my pics under 800 wide.

After I clicked on the medium size, I scrolled down. Here you find the Photo’s URL, which I highlighted and copied (Highlight the link as shown, then right click your mouse and select “Copy”.

To add a picture you have to “Reply to Topic”. Or if your starting a topic, you’ll see the same menu bar. (You can use the Quick Reply, but you’ll have to add your own IMG tags – this is more for the advanced user).

Now you want to click on the Add Image Button. (You can type in text first then hit this button anywhere in the body of your message).

Now you’ll see 2 the 2 img boxes. You’ll want to click in the middle of these 2 boxes to “Paste” your image location.

Between the 2 img] [/img boxes you’ll paste your URL of the picture.

Click Post New Reply and if you did it right, your picture shall appear! Best of luck there….

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com