The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Morning Farmers Market's

jonesjj3

• Total Posts: 3
Morning Farmers Market's Sat, 08/18/07 4:31 PM (permalink)
Greetings All,

New guy here to the forum, happen to be searching and found this.

Well here goes, My wife does 2-3 farmers markets a week selling italian pastrys, cookies, and baked goods. She has been doing this for about 3 yrs and yelds a fair amount of money per 4-5hrs at each location, all with in 15 miles (furthest one away).

This morning at one of her best locations just 2 tents down from her is a couple selling Hot Freshly made donut holes (or balls). There seemed to be a line at times for these 5 to 8 people deep. The whole thing was set up on a 8' table.

I am always looking at diffrent ideas to do things and was wondering who has seen this type of vending at other events, or has any idea how sucsessfull it could be. I know it is what you put into it and results may vary.

When we go to the apple orchard in the fall they make these cake donuts with cinnimon and sugar that are delightful, and there is always a line backed up to get them.

I was looking at a table top donut maker that would run on propane and use an inverter on my van for electric to do this type of thing at farmers markets around and maybe some other events/craft shows.

Any feedback that anyone wants to give (positive-neg) would be welcome.

Thanks

Jeff

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9575
    RE: Morning Farmers Market's Mon, 08/20/07 2:16 AM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jonesjj3

Greetings All,

New guy here to the forum, happen to be searching and found this.

Well here goes, My wife does 2-3 farmers markets a week selling italian pastrys, cookies, and baked goods. She has been doing this for about 3 yrs and yelds a fair amount of money per 4-5hrs at each location, all with in 15 miles (furthest one away).

This morning at one of her best locations just 2 tents down from her is a couple selling Hot Freshly made donut holes (or balls). There seemed to be a line at times for these 5 to 8 people deep. The whole thing was set up on a 8' table.

I am always looking at diffrent ideas to do things and was wondering who has seen this type of vending at other events, or has any idea how sucsessfull it could be. I know it is what you put into it and results may vary.

When we go to the apple orchard in the fall they make these cake donuts with cinnimon and sugar that are delightful, and there is always a line backed up to get them.

I was looking at a table top donut maker that would run on propane and use an inverter on my van for electric to do this type of thing at farmers markets around and maybe some other events/craft shows.

Any feedback that anyone wants to give (positive-neg) would be welcome.

Thanks

Jeff

You might want to check your local Health Dept Regs to see if there are any restrictions on what you decide to do. you may need a business license also. most Flea Market operators can advise you. Every State, County is different

jonesjj3

RE: Morning Farmers Market's Mon, 08/20/07 7:39 AM (permalink)
      Thanks for the feed back foodbme, I am aware of checking with the HD, and busness setup regs of my state.

I should have been more clear in my queston, regarding the concept of just doing this type of morning/anytime munchies and the responce of doing it. Is there anyone that has done mini donuts with success or know of anyone that has had an ventur like this that has had success with it.

Thanks

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
        RE: Morning Farmers Market's Mon, 08/20/07 8:39 AM (permalink)
        where are you, jones3? Welcome.

jonesjj3

RE: Morning Farmers Market's Mon, 08/20/07 1:55 PM (permalink)
          I am in Northern IL, Rockford.

Thanks for the Welcome bill voss

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com