The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Secret Seafood Joint

pathend

• Total Posts: 19
Secret Seafood Joint Mon, 08/20/07 12:04 PM (permalink)
Okay, about a couple weeks ago, I had to go out to San Diego, CA to see my little brother graduate from the Marine Corps. His plan was to return to Wisconsin a few days after graduation, but not before visiting with me and my family. Anyway, to get to the point, one day some of us got this idea to do some sightseeing. So five of us piled into this cramped rental car and drove off.

Now, I can't remember the town (it was called Imperial, I think), but it was noted for being the most southwesternly point in the United States. In fact, there was even a bar called "The Most Southwestern Bar and Grill in America". Anyhoo, we decided to go traipzing around on the beach when we noticed something. A rather long pier that had to go out at least a half a mile towards the ocean. So, we figured... what the hell?

Upon walking along the pier, the first thing to be noted was the countless amount of fishermen and women. I'm not too sure why they found that particular pier interesting, but some of them didn't seem 'professional'. Now at the end of the pier is what comes to mind. In a little hut is a carry-out seafood place. Unfortunately, almost everything on their menu is fried. However, it is quite fresh, which makes me wonder if they got their catch from the fishermen along the pier. But there, they have everything under the sun, including some inticing dishes that blend Mexican standards (like Calamari burritos and the like).

Anyway, I know this is long winded, but I assure you. If you find yourself out in San Diego, give it a try. If anything, the little adventure might pique your interest.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com